Our client is one of the largest U.S. multifamily lenders housed within a top U.S. commercial bank. This allows them to draw on their specialized expertise in Agency finance – including Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and FHA – along with the strength of their balance sheet to build the customized financing solutions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the underwriting process, managing deal timelines, developing credit recommendations, and ensuring agency/bank compliance.
- Work directly with production teams to develop loan structures that will meet client’s financial objectives.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with production and closing departments as well as external agency investors.
- Write and prepare loan proposals and underwriting/due diligence packages.
- Model multifamily cash flows, analyze property valuations and review third party reports.
- Review financial statements analytics and cash flow models.
- Conduct detailed economic and market research to determine feasibility of transactions.
- Write and prepare loan proposals and underwriting / due diligence packages.
- Prepare analytics for new loan proposals and/or development of new reports.
- Assist team members in performing market surveys and standard due diligence.
- Review third party reports from vendors such as appraisers, surveyors, and engineers and ensure compliance with all prescribed requirements.
- Review governing agreements and program requirements to ensure compliance.
Skills / Experience Requirements
- Experience in underwriting Multifamily and/or Commercial Real Estate deals.
- Exceptional analytical skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to problem-solve and efficiently prioritize tasks to manage deal timelines.
- Possesses knowledge of credit standards and agency compliance.
- Highly developed analytical skills including the ability to create complex spreadsheets, presentations and process maps.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Outstanding writing skills including the ability to communicate articulately and concisely.
- Demonstrated track record of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Multifamily Affordable underwriting experience with preservation, new construction forward underwriting, and substantial rehab.
- Candidate should have knowledge and experience in Taxable and Tax-Exempt financing structures including projects with Section 8, LIHTC, regulatory agreements, tax abatements, and subordinate debt structures
- Ability to multitask while maintaining organization.
- High integrity, entrepreneurial drive, and intellectual curiosity are a must.