The Analyst will provide critical analytical support to the Asset Management and Acquisitions team as part of an analyst team which will work closely with senior level acquisitions and asset management professionals as well as partners of the firm. The Analyst will be actively involved in all aspects of the investment life cycle including acquisition, financing, asset and portfolio management, lease and credit analysis and disposition. Key responsibilities for this highly visible and impactful position include:
- Creating and maintaining dynamic models and reports to provide insight into asset- and portfolio level performance.
- Supporting asset managers in complex lease analyses.
- Preparing analysis and supporting process of asset financings/refinancings.
- Creating asset and partnership level valuation models and providing critical support for preparation of Annual Business Plans.
- Preparing and updating monthly and quarterly key metric reporting.
- Maintenance of asset management database.
- Assisting in providing proactive asset management recommendations for individual assets utilizing the support of operational portfolio data.
- Additional ad hoc reporting as necessary to help support crucial asset level decisions and strategies.
- Constructing and analyzing financial models to value potential commercial real estate investments using discounted cash flow analysis and other methods.
- Performing comparative and complex lease analyses.
- Evaluating property offering memorandums and preparing and analyzing pro-forma cash flows.
- Assisting in the due diligence and closing process and maintaining transaction related files.
- Preparing presentations and Investment Committee materials.
- Researching market trends and preparing various market studies.
- Assisting with the analysis and preparation of investor reporting and meeting materials.
Our client develops, operates and invests in all major property types. The investments will be diverse by product type and strategy and will include development and redevelopment situations as well as the acquisition of existing real estate.
The firm is one of the region’s leading companies with a strong culture and proven track record for attracting and retaining top industry talent.
- Bachelor's Degree demonstrating strong academic performance required
- Ideal candidate will have 1 to 3 years of experience working with a real estate operating company, or an institutional real estate investment firm. Office, Retail and Industrial experience is preferred.
- Basic understanding of real estate investment and financing processes.
- Strong data analysis/quantitative/technical aptitude.
- Ability to manage and distill insightful conclusions from large volumes of data.
- Advanced Excel modeling capabilities including the creation and utilization of pivot tables.
- Highly proficient in Argus Enterprise
- Team player, who works well with others, is organized, proactive, self-directed, conscientious, and assumes accountability and responsibility for specific performance and work product.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Ability to grow within the role and take on increased responsibilities.