Interested and qualified candidates, please contact:
Christina Smith | firstname.lastname@example.org | 617.247.0505
Ryan MacDonald | email@example.com | 617.247.0505
General Responsibilities: The Assistant Property Manager is involved in all aspects of day-to-day operations of the properties, including maintenance and repair, tenant relations, security, janitorial services, landscaping, snow removal, etc. The Assistant Manager administers, bids, and recommends approval of all maintenance and service contracts. The Assistant Property Manager handles all tenant complaints and requests, and must be familiar with the terms of tenant leases. Additionally, the Assistant Property Manager assists in the preparation of the annual budget and the monthly reporting of the financial performance of the properties.
Keys to Success: The successful candidate will place a priority on excellent customer service, attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills, timeliness and accuracy of work product, good organizational skills, “hands on” management skills and a passion for working in commercial real estate.
• Provide excellent tenant service. Respond to tenant requests/problems in a timely and courteous manner, and generate work orders directed to vendors or maintenance staff. Follow-up with the tenant to ensure satisfactory resolution of the issue. Ensure that there is 24-hour emergency coverage for the property at all times.
• Oversee all vendors and personnel working at the property to maintain a high standard of performance in accordance with the terms of contracts and the expectations of the owners and tenants.
• Ensure that all contractors working at the properties have current insurance certificates on file meeting the minimum requirements specified in the management agreements.
• Ensure that all contractor and vendors working at the properties abide by the requirements set forth by the Leases and property rules & regulations.
• Conduct periodic inspections of the properties and tenant spaces to ensure compliance with leases, compliance with life safety policies, and the proper upkeep of the property.
• Handle all tenant and owner requests for signage, and ensure compliance with zoning law and lease provisions.
• Assist with the preparation and presentation to ownership of the annual operating budget including the gathering of information such as quotes, energy consumption records, market data, etc. that will be needed in compiling the budget.
• Review, approve, and properly code all invoices for the properties.
• Ensure that physical and electronic property and lease files are properly maintained and kept up to date in accordance with company policy.
• Assists in the review of monthly financial results for the properties and reporting of variances and activity at the property to ownership.
• Assist in the creation of all monthly and quarterly reporting for the properties.
• Assists the Property Accountant in the preparation of year-end CAM and RETX reconciliations in a timely and accurate manner.
• Monitors and reports on accounts receivables. Assists in collection efforts in accordance with company and management agreement policies.
• Assists with bidding and coordinating tenant improvement and capital improvement projects.
• Assists with administering tenant move-ins and move-outs, including preparing lease abstracts, reviewing and communicating yield-up provisions, and final inspections.
• Assists the leasing team with maximizing efforts to market the property to prospective tenants.
2-4 years’ experience in commercial real estate.
A working knowledge of commercial leases.
Budgeting and financial reporting experience.
Familiarity with Timberline or Yardi software, Microsoft Office and Excel, Microsoft CRM.