FIRM & POSITION OVERVIEW:
Our client, one of the country’s largest publicly traded REITs, owns, manages, and develops class A real estate. They are currently seeking a qualified Director of Development to join their organization. The Director of Development will have the opportunity to grow within the firm and will be directing the development efforts for Port Imperial, a 200-acre mixed-use master-planned community in Weehawken and West New York, New Jersey. They will also be involved in daily planning and engineering responsibilities on the development team's various projects.
- Strategic team managerial responsibilities, including management of third-party development services providers to advance project and business objectives.
- Create and manage the development schedule.
- Work with general contractors through the design process to confirm budgets, schedules, and constructability.
- Negotiate construction contracts.
- Manage and direct tenant coordinators for the project.
- Interface with non-elected municipal officials.
- Professional planner for all of Port Imperial, including in testimony before Boards.
- Represent the company's interests and interface with other property owners as it relates to new developments and construction projects.
- Represent company and company's general contractors for expediting with the municipal departments for inspections, sign-offs, permitting and approvals including building, health and public safety departments for all projects.
- Acting as a knowledge repository for:
- Utility locations
- Lot lines and ownership
Entitlements (both achieved and anticipated in master plan)
- Environmental issues
- Coordinate with Property Management in regards to:
- Lot 2, and Park Apartment lighting, paving, snow removal.
Other General Project Responsibilities
- Coordinating civil and landscape disciplines on projects.
- Zoning code/Redevelopment Plan/Master Plan analyses for projects.
- Interface utility companies. Includes understanding NJ tariffs and providing a consistent approach to telecom providers.
- DEP lead (waterfront development, flood, environmental, etc.) with consultant and State agencies.Facilitate and enforce staging, logistics, and coordination among all stakeholders including a municipality, neighboring property owners and general contractors.
- Soil conservation requirements and permitting.
- Knowledge of Municipal Land Use Law.
- Spear head traffic impact studies with consultants.
- Drawing for bulk zoning studies.
- Track and maintain records of required and obtained permits, maintenance agreements, leases and other property agreements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs; Word, Excel, and Project.
- Must take initiative and have a commitment to push for results in a fast-paced environment. with direct accountability for the budget, schedule, and quality.
- Must possess a strong professional work ethic with excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Must have experience with zoning, entitlements and land use issues.