Our client is a global investment management firm with a global platform acquiring value-add real estate opportunities. Through its subsidiaries the firm owns, operates, develops and manages commercial real estate in the United States.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for all financial control, including accounting, reporting and production of consolidated audited financial statement for the firm and its subsidiaries.
- Responsible for producing annual budget and five-year strategic business plan and providing variance analysis.
- Lead role in debt financing for new acquisitions and refinancing.
- Support the VP in capital raising from third parties.
- Tax strategy and structuring for US tax treatment of foreign owned companies.
- Management of compliance and legal issues.
- Management of externalized property accountants including review and validation of accounts.
- Management of Company cash balances for forecasting.
- Management of relationships with auditors and external consulting firms.
- In charge of support functions (Legal, HR).
- Reports jointly to Vice-President of US Operations (New York) and Group Finance Director (Paris).
- Be a proactive member in the US team to support business strategy and ensure consistent standards in reporting and control.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing company in a leadership capacity. Our Client is looking for an individual with 6-8 years of experience in a commercial real estate finance/accounting role. The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Ideally a finance or accounting graduate with a strong professional background in real estate.
- Candidates could have started off in an audit firm and are now working as a Financial Controller within a company with real estate experience.
- Candidate should have a strong understanding of real estate and in order to play a key role in the implementation of the business plan.
- Experience of working within an environment that incorporates rigorous financial and process frameworks.
- Must be a team player; ambassador for the firm’s business.
- Must have strong analytical and numerical skills and an eye for detail.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Must have the ability to understand the positioning of the firm as a private company with a unique culture.