Firm & Position Overview:
Our Client is a leader in financing commercial real estate throughout the United States, including multifamily properties (including small balance), affordable housing, office, retail, manufactured housing, seniors housing and healthcare, industrial, and self-storage facilities. Our Client offers Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and HUD/FHA in addition to its own proprietary loan products. Since inception, our Client has structured more than $27.5 billion of loans and today maintains a servicing portfolio of more than $15.1 billion. Headquartered in New York City, our Client has 241 professionals in 25 locations throughout the United States.
Reporting to Director of Originations, under overall direction of the Senior Managing Director, the Junior Originator Sales Associate will work side-by-side with seasoned professionals on a substantial volume of transactions. The Associate will be researching and reaching out to multifamily owners nationwide to promote our Client’s FHA/HUD lending platform, and working with the Director of Origination to build relationships.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Providing support for the Origination team – sourcing and engaging of new financing transactions
- Researching active debt and identifying potential opportunities for refinance.
- Prepare detailed financial analysis for each prospective multifamily client.
- Prepare quotes and application packages, term sheets, agreements, and contracts.
- Prepare market research and analysis.
- Consistent new client outreach through emails, leads, and potential cold-calling.
- Assisting Director to manage new customer relationships throughout the onboarding process.
- Perform as a key member of Origination/Sales team with ability to communicate at highly sophisticated level.
- Writing, editing and production of communications to clients and potential financing sources.
- Interface with production team, senior management, underwriting team, legal counsel, and developers/owners as needed.
- Assist Originators with prospecting and soliciting new clients.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Real Estate, Business Administration, or applicable field required.
- 1-3 years of real estate and/or finance experience or a real estate or finance degree with sales experience or internship.
- Understanding of multifamily rental property asset class.
- Working knowledge of real estate finance, deal structuring, and client interaction.
- Excel and financial modeling skills a plus, working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills – Verbal communication is absolutely paramount.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to work independently while functioning as part of a team.