Parent company of a leading Boston hospital is seeking a bright, dynamic team player for the position of Lease Administration Associate. The qualified candidate will be an experienced and energetic professional that will join a team responsible for managing the company’s lease portfolio, with responsibilities including lease document review, lease abstracting, database entry and updates, lease & operating expense audits, and lease reporting. The Property Accounting/Lease Administration Associate will oversee property leases and related communications. High attention to detail with an ability to decipher information within commercial real estate leases is critical.
- Track operating expenses and real estate tax reconciliations and security deposits based on company needs and report accordingly, work with landlords as necessary to resolve reconciliation and payment issues;
- Review and accurately abstract fully executed lease documents, amendments, and license agreements into the lease management system;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports with critical lease dates for internal distribution;
- Review and verify renewal notices and commencement agreements and timely update the lease management system accordingly;
- Manage lease options and encumbrances in the lease management system;
- Input and/or Review all lease-related payments in lease management system, including base rent, CAM charges, real estate taxes and insurance;
- Meet with internal staff on regular basis to review upcoming critical dates and assist in developing strategy for addressing lease issues;
- Assist with lease research for pending deals, leasing reports, tenant buyouts, and/or early terminations as necessary;
- Accurately maintain subtenant reports with information such as square footage, base rent and expiration date;
- Assist with maintenance of central electronic retrieval/storage.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field, or equivalent experience;
- Two to five years related experience in commercial real estate lease administration, preferably with office leases;
- Strong knowledge of commercial real estate documents and the leasing process with an ability to apply this understanding in performing job responsibilities;
- Experience with lease database and asset management software is required (experience with PeopleSoft is a plus);
- High customer service orientation with demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with key customers;
- Must be proactive and highly responsive, able to work independently, and comfortable interacting with a variety of professionals in related fields (legal counsel, finance staff, and property management);
- High level of attention to detail is required for purposes of providing reliable and accurate data and flagging inconsistencies between lease documents and database content;
- Must consistently demonstrate excellent communication (both verbal and written), organizational, and analytical skills;
- Knowledge and understanding of basic accounting and finance principles and familiarity with their applications and impact with respect to real estate analysis;
- Proficiency in PC based software, especially MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, with the ability to accurately develop various types of logical reports;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, positive attitude, friendly, helpful and responsive;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, finalize projects and resolve lease disputes.