Our Client is a real estate brokerage and advisory firm focused solely on the Brooklyn market. Since its inception over a decade ago, the firm has been at the center of the transformation of Brooklyn, becoming a true market leader throughout the process. The firm specializes in the sale of multifamily and mixed-use assets, development site sales, retail leasing, office leasing and industrial dispositions
The firm, now 30 people strong and growing, has handled over two billion dollars’ worth of transactions in Brooklyn. The collaborative team members include some of the most passionate, Brooklyn experts in the market. They all possesses an unparalleled understanding of the unique dynamics and trends driving Brooklyn commercial real estate and are actively engaged in civic, charitable and community involvement, making the team the trusted adviser of choice to property owners, developers and institutions looking to capitalize on the continued growth of this market.
The Managing Director will have a tremendous impact on the second phase of the growth for our Client as they expand into new areas of Brooklyn and significantly expand their retail and office leasing business. This position will report directly to the CEO and be a member of the executive leadership team; the managing director will spearhead the execution of our Client’s strategic plan to expand into new Brooklyn sub-markets and services while (a) creating new sales and leasing teams and (b) enhancing and improving existing teams’ performance and securing market share supremacy.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with company’s CEO and COO to improve sales and maximize revenue through development and support of new and existing sales and leasing teams.
- Recruit and hire new sales and leasing team members.
- Develop and run a new sales training program for the firm.
- Develop the sales and leasing teams through motivation, counselling, skills development and commercial real estate knowledge development.
- Monitor and track teams’ activity and generate weekly pipeline and sales production reports to the leadership team.
- Provide daily feedback, support and coaching to the sales teams.
- Develop goals for each team and each sales/leasing associate.
- Support Sales Team Leaders in the day to day management of their teams.
- Provide the first point of contact for all sales agents on process, team and client issues.
- Manage weekly sales meetings with the entire staff.
- Review progress of sales/leasing associates throughout the company. Monitor the achievement of sales objectives by the sales/leasing team, evaluate the performance of sales associates.
- Provide quarterly results assessments of sales staff’s productivity.
- Ensure sales team has the necessary resources to perform properly. Coordinates proper company resources to ensure efficient and stable sales results.
- Set individual sales targets with each sales team and establish motivational benchmarks.
- Co-ordinate sales action plans for teams and individual Associates.
- Manage the adoption of a newly installed CRM system.
Skills / Experience Requirements
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years of sales management experience, preferably in a real estate brokerage environment.
- Direct 5-10 years’ experience in commercial real estate industry will be ideal but not mandatory.
- Thorough understanding of the commercial real estate transaction process.
- Strong leadership, coaching and mentoring sensibility.
- Brooklyn market expertise is a plus but not a requirement.
- A passion for real estate and Brooklyn is a must.
- Excellent market knowledge and understanding of the NYC real estate market and industry.
- Track record in effectively hiring, training and motivating a sales team.
- Ability to integrate into the existing firm culture and help the firm accomplish its strategic objectives in Brooklyn.
- Demonstrated success with team building, and helping people grow and achieve the potential.
- Excellent oral and written communicator, both internally and externally, with the ability to deliver with energy, enthusiasm and clarity.
- An active member of industry organizations.