Our client is a privately-held commercial real estate owner and developer headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Founded in 1993, the firm has developed over $5 billion in real estate, representing more than six million square feet of property.
Our client is proudly recognized as a leader in mixed-use urban development and one of the most active private developers on the East Coast. The firm focuses on large-scale urban design geared toward transforming neighborhoods into cohesive, community-driven environments.
The Managing Director will lead the firm's strategic vision, development pipeline, and asset management portfolio in the Carolinas region. The Managing Director will be wholly responsible for the firm's regional businesses as well as the execution of the firm's mission and corporate strategy. It is expected that the Managing Director will run the firm's regional operations autonomously and profitably, working in tandem with Boston's HQ office to execute on key strategic initiatives and major project decisions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Proactively oversee the successful execution of multiple development projects as well as the firm's overarching expansion strategy in the region.
- Navigate local stakeholder interests and community dynamics, protecting and extending the company's brand.
- Ensure a profitable regional book of business while also executing on the firm's strategic goals, maintaining brand integrity and the highest degree of business ethics.
- Present timely and quality reports pertaining to regional performance and business development initiatives to upper management or external stakeholders as requested.
- Build the firm's relationship network through active business development and personal networking activities.
- Source new development and acquisition opportunities through off-market channels.
- Ensure the firm's brand and marketing strategy is successfully expanded in the Carolinas region.
- Make strategy and profitability recommendations to Boston's HQ office via a business plan.
- Be the face of the firm in the region and represent the firm with the highest level of professionalism and integrity.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience leading large-scale urban real estate development projects or a proven investment track record in North Carolina required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, construction management, engineering or related field or proven working experience in real estate development.
- Master's degree in commercial real estate development, architecture, business administration, construction management or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 15-20 years' experience in commercial real estate with at least 6-7 years in an executive management role.
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, methodologies, regulations and quality standards.
- Superb in relationship management as well as conflict and crisis management.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; proficient in MS Word, Excel, & PowerPoint.
- Experience working with the latest in communications technology.
- Positive, team-first attitude that's reflective of the firm's values of vision, character, and passion.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Wide-ranging network of regional and national players within the commercial real estate space, including potential investors, local community stakeholders, vendors, partners, brokers, etc.
- Proven ability to source new development and acquisition opportunities for the company to expand its work within the region and beyond.
- Advanced understanding of business operations and execution of strategic initiatives, including marketing, HR, finance and accounting, and other critical business functions.