Our client is the premier sports, wellness and active entertainment destination brand in the country, with a mission to maximize human potential by designing, developing and operating sports, wellness and entertainment destinations that engage, inspire and empower people to pursue their passions and be their best at play, at work and in life. The flagship development in Springfield, Virginia features a premium health club, celebrity chef-inspired restaurant, premium medi-spa, 20,000 sq. ft. active entertainment center, as well as an indoor field house with FIFA-sized field, two NHL-regulation sized ice rinks, 52-meter Olympic competition pool and much, much more. Our client allows the whole family to pursue their passions in 30+ sports.
Reporting to the Director of Development; the Project Manager is primarily responsible for assisting the pre-development and acquisitions manager on initial phases of the project through concept design. Further responsibilities of this position include leading the project from schematic design through construction completion and developing and managing project budget and schedule. Some evening and weekend work may be required and field work is a critical part of this position. The position will require regular travel to selected markets across the county. This is a great opportunity for career growth as they expand their brand across the country.
- Assist the pre-development and acquisitions manager on initial phases of the project through concept design.
- Lead project from schematic design through construction completion and turn over to operations team.
- Develop and manage project budget – from preliminary cost estimates to final project close-out.
- Develop and manage project schedule – from project planning through occupancy.
- Coordinate selection processes for professional trades (architect, engineer, etc.)
- Coordinate design review.
- Participate in and lead project team meetings throughout the course of the project.
- Coordinate bidding processes (including writing bid documents, building bidder interest, issuing bids, obtaining answers to bid questions, analyzing results, and making recommendations for award).
- Ensure coordination among contractors.
- Review, negotiate and make recommendations for appropriate actions on contracts, estimates, change orders, and progress payments.
- Provide owner input to contractors and consultants on questions of design and related issues.
- Assist in identifying program needs and developing a scope of work that reflects project needs.
- Maintain all records for capital projects in an extremely organized manner.
- Monitor and verify construction progress to ensure work is in accordance with design, schedule and budget.
- Prepare reports, documentation, and information related to capital projects on an as-needed basis.
- Ensure all regulatory /code compliance requirements are properly addressed and monitored.
- Ability to travel.
- Support the safety of all members, guests and employees.
- Bachelor’s degree is required from a competitive college or university.
- Master’s degree in a related field is preferred (e.g., architecture, engineering, construction management, real estate law, urban planning).
- 5-10 years of work experience.
- Ability to manage a variety of capital improvement projects in terms of scope and cost.
- Experience with capital project planning, construction management, economic development, real estate, and/or facility operations.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Familiarity with design and space planning principles and architectural drawings.
- Awareness of laws, ordinances, and regulations applicable to building construction.
- Familiarity with environmental regulations and due diligence process.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective cross-functional working relationships.
- Ability to conduct technical analysis of information (both data and financial).
- Ability to manage contracts effectively.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to make clear recommendations while exercising keen judgment.
- Commitment to see projects through from beginning to end.
- Commitment to customer service.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
- Experience with Microsoft Access or relational databases preferred but not necessary.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly developed organizational skills and a Strong commitment to 100% accuracy and close attention to details.
- Motivation, maturity, humility, strong work ethic, sense of humor, “roll-up-my-sleeves” attitude.
- Knowledgeable of safety training, procedures and best practices used throughout the sports and wellness industry.