Company & Position Overview:
Our client is a full-service real estate investment and management company headquartered in Irvine, CA with a diverse portfolio of office and industrial properties in major markets throughout the U.S. Our national portfolio consists of 14 MSF office and 39 MSF industrial. We are a privately held company founded in 1991 and are comprised of 180 employees. Our client consists of several real estate investment funds with multiple investors including endowments, foundations, pension funds and high net-worth individuals.
The Regional Operations Manager role will oversee the day-to-day operations of a portfolio currently consisting of approximately 5 MSF in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Florida and other East Coast markets. Responsibilities will include managing and supervising the overall portfolio as well as direct involvement in the strategic growth in various markets.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Key team member for the East portfolio.
- Directing, supervising and monitoring property activities on a day-to-day basis.
- Support real estate transactions including acquisitions, dispositions and financing
- Requires in depth knowledge of financial terms and principals of commercial property management including budgeting, forecasting, variance reporting, CAM Reconciliations. Understands overall underwriting strategies and ROI for portfolio.
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of annual budgets.
- Review and approve financials for compliance with approved budget. Review major expense variances and provide recommendations.
- Enforce commercial leases’ provisions and company’s rent collection policy.
- Develops and maintains excellent tenant relations. Responsible for resolving elevator tenant concerns.
- Participates in meetings with management team, architects, construction contractors and tenants.
- Oversee tenant space build-outs, tenant improvements in order to ensure high quality construction and compliance with construction drawings or building codes.
- Leads project management with monitoring the performance of contractors to ensure adherence to schedules, workmanship, work orders and budgets.
- Demonstrates strong leadership ability, good communication skills (verbal and written); understand regional goals, policies and procedures.
- Establish program with property teams to ensure all service providers are adhering to company’s code of conduct while working in our properties.
- Ability to interact with various levels of the management team to encourage team synergy.
- Work to build relationships with team members, vendors, brokers and business community members.
- Close integration with leasing, acquisitions and dispositions in the region.
- Minimum 8 years of property management experience preferably with industrial assets.
- New York or New Jersey Real License required.
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred or 8 years related experience.
- Practical knowledge of safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel is required, Argus Enterprise and MRI a plus.
- Ability to travel to multiple locations as required.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills required.
- Ability to engage a team and lead them to success through daily operations.
- Provide support, guidance and training to a team.
- Must be proactive in initiating continuous improvement with operational procedures/processes.
- Must adapt to change, be flexible and empathic.
- Must be highly customer service oriented and responsive with a great need for closure.
- Demonstrated initiative – ability to think and work independently.
- Ability to work well under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments to meet deadlines.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is expected.
- Must be able to consistently achieve high work standards; attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness.
PROFESSIONAL PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
- Responsible and accountable for executing the specific responsibilities listed above in complete conformance with goals, expectations and commitments of the Company.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk and hear. The associate frequently is required to walk and sit, and occasionally is required to stand. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to approximately 25 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.