Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Manage and coordinate capital projects including oversight of tenant-performed improvements and turnkey projects. Specific duties include developing budgets, estimating, qualifying and selecting architects, engineers, and contractors; managing bid processes including negotiating contracts; ensuring compliance with codes and laws; and overall project management (monitoring cost, progress, schedule, etc.).
- Negotiate service provider contracts with legal counsel guidance as appropriate.
- Manage development of existing and proposed, direct-owned, investment real estate from conceptual phase through construction, including management of teams of architects, engineers, contractors, and consultants.
- Develop qualitative analysis, pro forma analysis, financial sensitivity analysis, and budgets for investment real estate development projects.
- Prepare investment memoranda and regular reports on project progress, including scope, schedule, and budget.
- Provide general support for real estate transactions and special projects as needed.
- Conduct certain due diligence (architectural, engineering, and environmental) for potential acquisitions as needed.
- Will report to the Director, Real Estate.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Functional supervision is exercised over general contractors, architects, surveyors, engineers (mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, structural, and environmental), professional vendors, contractors and other consultants.
Our client’s Real Estate Group serves as an owner, operator, and developer of a high profile real estate portfolio with a current gross market value of approximately $3 billion. In addition there is an extensive, mixed-use development pipeline of over 3 million square feet.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree in real estate, finance, business administration, or related field preferred.
- Minimum three years of relevant experience in urban commercial real estate development, real estate investment, construction management, architecture, and/or engineering.
- Experience with the development of urban mid-rise and high-rise office, laboratory, and/or residential projects.
- Greater Boston-area market experience preferred.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills are essential.
- Experience with Argus Enterprise preferred.
- Self-motivated and hardworking.
- Ability to be flexible to shift between projects as new priorities emerge.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and feel comfortable working through an iterative process.
- Demonstrated communications and interpersonal skills, includes strong writing skills.
- Ability to resolve complex problems in a thorough and timely manner, determining the appropriate course of action with minimal supervision.
- Comfortable interacting with high-level executives. Able to deal with confidential information and issues using discretion and judgment.