Our client is a vertically-integrated real estate private equity firm with a strong history of successful real estate investment, management and development. Based in Boston with regional offices in New York City and Washington D.C., the company focuses on life science, office, multifamily, industrial, medical office, and mixed-use investments with an eye toward creating value, providing increased margins of safety, and maximizing risk-adjusted returns.
The company is seeking a senior development team member to join its Boston team. This AVP will manage all aspects of the real estate development process including acquisitions, entitlements, capitalization, project management, design management, construction management, leasing and disposition efforts. The candidate would be based in Boston and manage projects across all of the company’s markets. The ideal candidate will have large scale life science and/ or office development experience, but will also work across multiple asset classes. This role will report directly to the Director of Development.
Acquisitions / New Opportunities
- Professionally and ethically serve as a representative of the company.
- Work collaboratively with both external and internal stakeholders
- Tour markets and properties, research market conditions, analyze market data, and assist in due diligence
- Provide support in the acquisition of new development opportunities
- Assist in the preparation of investment committee memoranda to summarize key aspects of opportunities
- Work closely with outside legal team in the creation of contracts for purchasing property and hiring third-party consultants (ground leases, purchase and sale agreements, leases, AIAs, professional service agreements, etc.)
- Develop and maintain the budget, schedule, and scope for multiple development projects
- Manage a wide range of external consultants to progress the development of each project
- Execute development projects on time and on budget
- Negotiate and manage contracts with third-party consultants
- Manage third-party construction managers
- Coordinate meetings and manage critical deliverables from the design team and construction team
- Report on project performance to internal stakeholders such as Asset Management, Accounting, Property Management, Construction and firm leadership
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- 12+ years of experience working on ground up development projects, multifamily development experience is preferred
- Strong quantitative skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to learn quickly, work both independently and as a team member, and to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in an organized and efficient manner
- This position has very limited remote-work potential and the expectation is that the employee would work primarily on-site in a safe, socially-distant manner in the Boston office taking into account company and state COVID-19 policies and precautions