North Palm Beach, FL
This Associate position will be a part of a fast-pace, high volume investments team requiring rigorous analytical ability and sophisticated market knowledge. This individual will be collaborating with the firm's Managing Director and various Investment Principals. This position will sit in the Florida office to help identify and analyze new acquisitions and evaluate Value-Add and Development opportunities, predominantly Medical Office Buildings throughout the Southeastern U.S.
• Coordinate, collect and compile financial analysis and initial due diligence materials (financial statements, market reports, capital expenditure history, environmental and property condition reports, etc.)
• Financial Modeling – Prepare / develop financial analysis which will include developing assumptions and market share, pro forma, capital and return analyses
• Market Research – Compile, analyze and clearly report market data provided by industry periodicals, on-line content, and regional operating personnel
• Competitive Analysis – Maintain detailed database for comparable sales, track market performance and other industry metrics
• Financing – Assist with the coordination of acquisition/development financing and refinancing. Handle monthly reporting to lenders.
• Due Diligence – Assist with the due diligence processes such as establishing a DD budget, tendering for due diligence services, and contract negotiation and management
• Asset Management - Review property level operational and CAPEX budgets and provide economic lease analysis
• Assist with the preparation and review of all presentation materials, including Investment Memoranda for Investment Committee approval as well as regular operations reporting
Our client is a fully integrated real estate investment company that specializes in acquiring and enhancing medical office properties in major markets throughout the Southeast United States. The firm has a highly dedicated, customer-focused team of real estate professionals with expertise in all facets of real estate acquisitions, redevelopment, finance, operations and asset management. The firm currently owns and operates over 1.5 million square feet of space in its target markets and recently launched its fourth, fully-discretionary healthcare real estate investment fund to fuel growth and expansion throughout the Southeast. Our client has held an initial close of $60 million of equity for its largest medical office fund yet. The North Palm Beach operator recently closed on the capital for the client's Medical Office Fund 4, which has an equity target of $100 million. With leverage, the vehicle plans to buy some $300 million of properties.
• Undergraduate degree required. Course study/curriculum focused in real estate, finance, economics or business, preferred
• 2 to 5 years of relevant commercial real estate analysis experience required
• A successful candidate will be seeking a highly entrepreneurial environment
• Familiarity with market research databases including CoStar, Yardi Matrix, Real Capital Analytics
• Experience with Argus preferred
• Knowledge of real estate cash flow modeling, property-level financial statements and basic accounting
• Strong analytical and computer skills; advanced aptitude in Excel is required
• Operates efficiently in a work environment with tight deadlines
• Possesses strong organizational and project management skills and can multi-task and deliver on various goals
• Strong research, interpretation and quantitative skills
• Detail orientation with excellent written and oral communication skills