The Asset Management Analyst will be responsible for assisting the asset management team with executing on the group’s value-added private equity investment strategy. This individual’s main responsibilities include monitoring, reviewing, analyzing and reporting on a portfolio of private real estate investments. You will gain exposure to the investment committee, senior management of employer and third-party operating partners.
- Support the asset management team
- Perform financial analysis of property, tenants and market (including rent and sales comps.)
- Create financial models utilizing both Argus and Excel to project cash flows, investment returns, generate asset valuations and analyze risk on equity and debt investment structures
- Prepare and maintain internal and external financial, operational and investment reports supporting the investment portfolio
- Interact with operating partners, property management personnel and third-party consultants
- Assist in management of portfolio investments post-closing, analyze strategic alternatives and assist in ultimate liquidation of investments
- Assist with cash management and forecasting for the portfolio
- Perform market due diligence, including site visits, competitive set analysis and assembly of market information and relevant forecasts
- Perform hold/sell analysis and conduct refinance scenarios on investments
- Complete projects as required by the asset management team
Our client is an established real estate fund with a boutique, entrepreneurial feel focusing in growing their investment platform across varying product types, including office, retail, industrial and multifamily.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business, finance or related experience
- Strong analytical skills; Proficiency with Excel required
- 1-2 years of experience in commercial real estate with a reputable private and/or institutional investor (preferred)
- Cash flow modeling experience and knowledge of Argus is preferred