- Manage and own the annual budgeting process, while maintaining institutional-quality reporting templates to present monthly, quarterly, and annual asset management reports and investment updates
- Work with senior members of the team to drive value-add decision-making at the asset level, by performing bespoke analyses to evaluate the financial and operational feasibility of leasing, development, operating / capital projects, and revenue enhancement/expense reduction opportunities
- Analyze and track the progress and return metrics of major capital and operating projects at the asset-level
- Respond to specific internal and external requests with respect to asset-level financial performance/projections, accounting, property information, operations, strategic initiatives, market / competitive analysis, etc.
- Collaborate with property management teams to drive specific asset-level initiatives to completion, while providing day-to-day oversight and direction to property management to execute broad business plans
- Assist in capital markets initiatives, including providing due diligence and analytical support with respect to refinancing and recapitalization transactions, and support the investment team with new investment opportunities, including participating in the underwriting and due diligence processes
Our client is a New York City based real estate investment firm. With over 13,000 multifamily units and over four million square feet of office and retail space in its portfolio, our client is an active real estate investor focused primarily on New York City value-add and opportunistic real estate investments in all parts of the capital structure. Since its inception, they have built a superior track record on acquiring and operating properties for a diverse array of residential, retail and office users. Our client's approach to value investing is bolstered by its hands-on asset management philosophy, in conjunction with its bestin-class management operation and in-house construction and development teams. The platform’s vertical integration of acquisitions, asset management, development, and capital markets is a central tenet of the firm’s investment philosophy, and enables them to quality control every step of the investment, development and execution process.
- Undergraduate degree in finance, economics, accounting, mathematics, or related degree from a top-tier university
- 2-3 years of post-undergraduate experience in an analytical role, such as banking, asset management, consulting, or real estate finance/investments, preferably with some exposure to multifamily, office, and/or retail assets
- Strong Excel financial modeling and analytical skills, with an ability to create situation-specific analyses that pertain to real estate. The candidate must also be proficient in PowerPoint and Word. Experience with Argus Enterprise is preferred
- Understanding of real estate investment concepts, including asset underwriting and valuation, discounted cash flow analysis, IRR, and yield on cost
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (specifically in the context of presenting asset-level budgeting and performance metrics)
- Self-motivated, with quick responsiveness and a sense of urgency
- Attention to detail in an environment that will require the candidate to juggle multiple projects under minimal supervision
- A commitment to perform high-quality work in a collaborative environment on a growing team