Our client is a privately held and fully integrated real estate development, investment, asset and property management firm with a proud track record of success that stems from the breadth of experience of our team, an interconnected understanding of the development process, and a passion for creating and maintaining beautiful real estate.
- Responsible for developing and executing property level strategies to enhance and protect asset value, meet investment objectives, and oversee key asset management initiatives.
- Create and implement asset level business plans and report on the progress of such implementation. Must be able to problem solve independently, confidently, and competently yet acutely know to seek help when needed.
- Work with legal counsel to negotiate all portfolio related leases and debt instruments in a timely and proactive manner and consistent with business plans and asset value creation strategy.
- Assist with acquisition underwriting/due diligence and aid in preparing due diligence memos for the Investment Committee; provide support for closings of new acquisitions.
- Completely, thoroughly, and efficiently own all aspects of real estate management, including the oversight and management of property managers and building engineers.
- Resolution and negotiation of common tenant disputes with experience and knowledge of applicable lease provisions and law.
- Timely responsiveness to investor and/or client matters is paramount in this role, and the ideal candidate should enjoy having a regular presence on all client interactions. This role requires off-hours availability and responsiveness (nights and weekends) on an as-needed, rotational basis.
- Proactively work with management to implement and/or maintain policies and procedures within the real estate management team to effectively achieve investor and client goals.
- Work with real estate management staff to produce and track annual operating budgets for all properties, and work with the Director of Asset Management to establish capital budgets across the portfolio.
- Must be able to manage property cash and produce property capital calls as necessary.
- Debt financing management and management of construction loan financing fundings.
- Take a leadership role in the property/asset reporting to clients and investors across all properties, working with the Director of Asset Management and Graphic Designer to improve our ability to streamline this process, and make it more efficient and reliable.
- Along with the Director of Asset Management, work with third-party brokers to market available commercial office and retail space, and residential condominiums, and negotiate advantageous terms for ownership across the portfolio.
- Manage contractors with capital projects, including Tenant Improvement buildouts, lobby renovations, common area renovations etc.
- Work with third-party accounting groups in year-end tax planning and return preparation.
- Minimum combined property management and asset management experience of five (5) to seven (7) years. Experience across commercial, retail, and residential asset classes is strongly preferred, as is experience in the Downtown Boston market.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Superb formal professional writing skills with attention to details, proper formalities and presentation.
- Experienced with accounting platforms such as Intacct, Yardi, MRI, QuickBooks, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with property budgets, long-term capital planning, and CAM/RET reconciliation, including at the oversight level.
- Demonstrated experience and comfort with asset reporting to management and investors.
- Highly skilled and adept in lease negotiation and administration, with and advanced understanding of lease clauses, as they relate to both day-to-day and long-term real estate management.
- Must have experience with property restructurings and lease restructuring strategy in optimizing rent and turnover within properties.
- Comfort in receiving, understanding, questioning and implementing asset business plans from management and investors.
- Comfort in creating and modifying asset business plans.
- Demonstrated experience and comfort interacting and negotiating with brokers.
- Experience directing and completing tenant improvement projects, small construction projects such as lobby renovations and common area renovations.
- Experience with development matters such as entitlements, and development project management for at least small scale developments.
This is a small, highly focused and dedicated group of entrepreneurial professionals and the Asset Manager will get significant exposure to all aspects of real estate and real estate development. Opportunities to support other the development team with everything from property acquisition and due diligence to project management and financing will arise on a regular basis.
The right candidate for this role is unfailingly organized; collaborative; comfortable managing a small team of property management staff; can work independently with minimal oversight; will engage with members of the executive/investment team; has experience negotiating, interacting, and otherwise problem solving across a portfolio; and is an exceptional communicator.