The Asset Manager is responsible for the overall operation and performance of a portfolio of multifamily properties, as well as executing other various projects assigned. The Asset Manager reports to the Director of Asset Management for the multifamily real estate investments.
- Responsible for developing and executing property level strategies to enhance and protect asset value, meet investment objectives, and oversee key asset management issues of assigned multifamily properties and/or portfolios.
- Prepare and assist with asset reporting, year-end letters, and business plans.
- Review and analyze budgets and cash flows from third party management and oversee adherence throughout the year.
- Track, analyze and reforecast trends in financial performance of assets in relation to underwritings.
- Utilize Business Intelligence platforms to monitor daily activity of the portfolio.
- Maintain updated underwriting proformas for each asset under management.
- Provide input on acquisition underwriting and due diligence and prepare due diligence memos for senior management approval. Provide support for closings of new acquisitions.
- Oversee performance of the Property Management teams.
- Monitor local market conditions and implications for asset and investment strategy.
- Manage debt strategy and compliance with debt terms.
- Periodic property visits nationally as required.
- Execute various projects assigned independently and with high standards.
- Handle confidential material and information with discretion.
- Work collaboratively with the entire team.
- Assist in the training of other members of the Multifamily Asset Management team.
- Report directly to the Director of Asset Management – US Multifamily.
Our client is a global investor, developer, and operator with a pervasive regional market network that leverages its diversified capital and operational infrastructure to capitalize on exclusive commercial and residential real estate opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college/university required; degree in finance, accounting or real estate preferred.
- 3-5 years multifamily asset management experience required, with a solid understanding of operating results, valuations, investment returns, acquisition, and development proformas.
- Ability to develop strong market knowledge of each asset and overall portfolio.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving ability.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, under tight deadlines; self-starter with proactive nature.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Highly proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel.
- Travel within the US required.