- Asset management of wholly owned market rate rental apartment properties and oversight of third-party on-site teams located throughout the U.S.;
- Property and portfolio budgets, forecasts, monthly and quarterly financial reporting, market assessments, and performance metrics and analysis including weekly leasing, traffic, rental pricing, capital expenditures, ROC.
- Close “low altitude” asset management monitoring and overall direction of property operations, staffing, leasing performance, expense control, rental pricing, capital investment, and assessment and strategy related to market conditions and asset positioning;
- Management and oversight of on-site team’s execution of extensive property renovation programs;
- Fund/portfolio management information and analysis, and Investor quarterly and special reports;
- Various fund management and administration activities including coordinating roll-up of property financials to portfolio level;
- Effective, 360 degree written and verbal communication with property staff, internal and external funds management and administration, and Client management and Asset Management Committee;
- Cash management- capital calls/distributions;
- Debt financing – monitoring, reporting, and analysis for portfolio and properties;
- Analytical support as requested by Portfolio Manager(s);
- Collaborate and coordinate with Client and consultants, including tax (as necessary);
- Conduct regular site visit evaluations, at least monthly or more often as required during initial renovation program start-up, and at least quarterly thereafter.
Our Client was established in 2002 as an affiliate of an industry leading real estate investment platform to exclusively originate and execute core-plus to opportunistic multifamily rental apartment investment strategies throughout the U.S. utilizing discretionary multi-investor funds, separate accounts and other investment vehicles. Due to continuing capital and portfolio growth, our client is seeking to add an asset/portfolio manager to its small, tight knit team based in Boston.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in institutional apartment asset management and property financial analysis
- BS/BA degree
- Excellent analytical and Excel skills
- Accounting/finance experience
- Preferred systems experience with Yardi, MRI, Real Page
- Highly organized, disciplined, curious, hard worker with a team attitude