Our client is actively seeking an Asset Manager to join its ownership management team. The Manager will be responsible for providing strategic oversight and direction to Asset Management, Portfolio Accounting & Reporting, and Property Management, including leasing functions. He/she will also support Acquisition activities.
The ideal candidate will have experience across a wide variety of commercial real estate functions including financial analysis and reporting, property/portfolio operations, accounting, acquisitions, asset management, and leasing. The Manager must have strong financial skills as it relates to Property and Portfolio level reporting, financing, budgeting and accounting. The Manager will interact on a frequent basis with key stakeholders, including capital partners, and must be willing to forge strong relationships with these entities.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develop the strategy, objectives and performance requirements to maximize value for each asset; execute asset plans with cross-functional teams.
- Develop and prepare business cases and financial analyses for strategic portfolio initiatives including redevelopments, refurbishments, and capital projects. Prepare recommendations to senior management and investor groups based on underwriting assumptions and appropriate return parameters.
- Oversight of property management teams, leasing, tenant customer service experience, asset operational performance and capital projects.
- Collaborate on property level accounting, budgeting and forecasting.
- Reviews all property-level budgets, capital expenditure and maintenance plans.
- Drive the property management strategy and objectives; oversee implementation by the Property Management teams.
- Oversight of accounting & reporting function, including budgets, forecasts, appraisals. Present reports to key leadership/capital partners.
- Work collaboratively with a variety of internal and third-party partners (including developers, brokers, lawyers, consultants, architects etc.) on an on-going basis for Development and Redevelopment/Repositioning projects within the portfolio.
- Ad-Hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
Our client is private equity firm focused on real estate investments in the Cambridge and Boston markets. The firm currently owns and operates a diverse portfolio of properties comprising over 1 million square feet of residential and commercial space. The firm is also a participant in several development projects.
- BA/BS required; advanced degree a plus.
- Must have a solid foundation in commercial real estate portfolio, property & asset management (approx. 10-15 years).
- Must have significant regional (Cambridge/Boston) market knowledge and experience;
- Ability to cultivate and maintain key relationships, internally and externally.
- Possess a proactive, entrepreneurial spirit with ability to think strategically yet execute on details.
- Experience with real estate property management and accounting systems software strongly preferred (Appfolio, Yardi, etc.).
- Strong finance skill set including the ability to collaborate on deal modeling.
- Broad understanding of real estate product types; understanding of the development/redevelopment processes.