The Assistant General Manager is responsible for assisting the General Manager in maintaining all aspects property operations. The General Manager will generally assign primary areas of responsibility (which may change over time) to ensure that the Assistant Manager receives “on the job” training concerning each aspect of operating the property. The expectation is that, over time, under the tutelage of a General Manager (GM), the Assistant General Manager will be prepared for and eligible to be considered for a GM position.
- Works closely with the GM in all aspects of management including administrative and financial duties.
- Assumes responsibility for supervising staff and managing the property in the GM’s absence.
- Works closely with the GM in developing an integral team that effectively sells the quality and professionalism of the company’s residential platform.
- Inspects property common areas, apartment units and grounds on a regular basis. Offers recommendations to management regarding improvements to the overall operation of the community.
- Familiarizes one’s self with all aspects of maintenance.
- Understands and assists with all financial and operational reporting requirements.
- Responsible for the collection of all rent/fee payments from both current and previous residents.
- Makes daily community deposits in regard to rent collections and any other miscellaneous income.
- Processes all community invoices. Assists in monitoring and recording paid invoices into various administrative logbooks.
- Distributes non-payment notices to all delinquent residents and completes follow-up activity in regards to non-payment of rent or eviction proceedings.
- Maintains a general working knowledge of state laws in regard to collection of delinquent accounts.
- Prepare preliminary account reviews for those residents on notice.
- Warmly greet prospective residents, qualify, determine needs and preferences, professionally present community and specific apartments while providing features and benefits.
- Answer incoming phone calls and handle accordingly, whether prospect call, resident issue, service request, etc.
- Correctly complete all lease applications, assist with application verification, and notify prospective resident of results.
- Organize and file all applicable reports, leases and paperwork.
- Inputs daily all resident information in relation to walk-in traffic, move-ins, move-outs, apartment conditions, etc. Maintains all current and previous resident files.
- Assists the GM in ensuring that all leases and addenda are completed accurately in regards to addresses, names, rates, etc.
- Ability to understand and explain legal documents (i.e. leases and addenda). Complete all lease paperwork, including related addendums.
- Understands and applies principles of Fair Housing.
- Supports the overall marketing efforts and offers input and suggestions in regards to promotions, advertisements, rate increases, etc.
- Assists in various leasing activities as required.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of market and competitive properties.
- Assists the GM with renewals of existing residents.
- Assists the overall team effort through effective leadership.
- Analyzes concerns associated with apartments that are slow to lease and offers recommendations.
- Assists in management of YieldStar rent recommendations based on market knowledge, building attributes and individual apartment features and amenities.
- Earns respect of leasing staff and maintenance team through cooperative management.
- Assists in the handling of resident service requests and various concerns as required.
- Conducts follow-up activity as needed with new and current residents in order to establish and maintain positive resident relations.
- Attends and assists with resident social functions and activities.
- Assists in creating the monthly newsletter (if applicable).
- Attends and participates in training seminars as requested.
- May be required to drive motorized vehicle on or off property for Company business and run errands as necessary.
- Represents the Company in a professional manner at all times. Consistently maintains a professional courteous attitude when dealing with residents, coworkers and the general public.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Our client’s asset and property management team manages all day-to-day operations, contract administration, lease administration coordination and planning aspects for their current portfolio. Safeguarding, organizing, problem solving, servicing, communicating, inspiring – our client stands for professionalism and transparency, from start to finish.
- Demonstrates commitment to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Advanced situational judgment – ability to know what is needed to satisfy the customer
- Takes ownership to personally resolve customer problems (or find someone who can).
- Listens well, asks clarifying questions and checks for agreement with customers.
- Committed to following-up with customers in all instances in a timely manner.
- Strong sense of accountability – ensures that you will do what you say that you are going to do.
- Creates a personal connection with customers – smiles, warm greetings, acts friendly and respectful, listens.
- Take and maintain ownership of Customer Service situations that are immediately present.
- Follow-up on all situations to verify expectations are met or exceeded.
- College Degree preferred.
- Real Estate or business-related course of study preferred.
- Sales experience required.
- Previous Real Estate leasing and/or sales preferred.
- Property Management and leasing experience essential.
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills necessary.
- Computer literacy required.
- Experience with computerized property management and / or accounting software preferred.
- Experience with Yardi, MRI, YieldStar and LevelOne is helpful.
- Experience with Computers w/Internet and e-mail capabilities, Telephone, Facsimile, Photocopier, Vehicle.
- Ability to interpret, evaluate and communicate detailed written or verbal instructions to others accurately and quickly, including answering phones, attending meetings, written correspondence or other forms of communication.
- Ability to organize various office systems through adjusting, connecting, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending or folding for the purpose of proper records development and/or management.
- Ability to lift, push, pull or carry up to 15 pounds for the dissemination of documents, supplies, materials, etc. to various locations throughout the office/facility.