Our client is a leading commercial real estate investment and development firm, having successfully acquired, developed, re-positioned and/or entitled and managed over five million square feet of real estate over the past 35 years, valued at over $3 billion.
Focused on high quality, mixed-use development assets in leading gateway markets, with a strong emphasis on creative place making and value add approaches to real estate, our client is among the top tier of real estate development and management firms in the New England market.
The Assistant Project Manager will assist the developer’s Senior Construction Manager overseeing all aspects of construction on behalf of the owner. It is essential that candidates have experience with wood-frame multi-family projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review progress of construction documents and budget at each schedule milestone, typically after schematic documents, 50% design documents, and permit submission documents.
- Provide feedback on constructability and identify potential schedule impacts.
- Assist with value engineering exercises as required.
Permitting / Preconstruction Phase
- Meet with city departments and monitor permit review progress and acquire all required approvals and permits.
- Review plans and specifications to assure a complete scope of construction is captured and identified.
- Assist the Construction & Development team to finalize the construction budget with the general contractor.
- Review the general contractor’s qualifications and assumptions and provide feedback.
- Monitor construction schedules and General Contractor pricing.
- Attend weekly owner, architect, and general contractor project meetings.
- Participate in the general contractor’s subcontractor scope review meetings
- Review and approve the general contractor’s subcontractor recommendation letters.
- Review all testing reports from the geotechnical engineer, material testing, commissioning agent and special inspectors.
- Review all requests for information and monitor response.
- Review all submittals and monitor approval.
- Prepare monthly construction update for the developer’s report.
- Work with the Development team to Create and Maintain a detailed cost report and monthly forecast.
- Coordinate Commissioning and LEED inspections and reporting.
- Coordinate with and monitor the Contractor quality of work.
- Review general contractor’s monthly requisition for payment including verification of stored materials and subcontractor lien releases.
- Review all change order requests, allowances, and owner change orders for approval.
- Review all project close-out documents with the general contractor and owner prior to contract closeout.
- Assist with property tours, due diligence, and pricing exercises as directed.
- Maintain construction records and status reports
- Oversee and complete project closeout.
- Work with operations team 6 months in advance of opening to coordinate turnover process – which includes but is not limited to punchlist schedule, building commissioning and warrantee management.
- The successful candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years’ experience working with either a real estate developer, general contractor or in a construction management role overseeing large complex multi-year construction projects.
- Prior experience with mixed use high-rise construction, phased occupancy, tenant relocations and multi-residential apartment and condominium construction is required.
- The candidate must be well organized and an effective communicator that is able to direct and motivate the design and construction team.