Our client is a Boston based firm formed in 1997 to acquire and manage office properties in Boston and various other cities. The company seeks an energetic achiever to fill the position of Assistant Property Manager. This position offers substantial room for learning and career growth for a motivated individual.
Keys to Success
The successful candidate will place a priority on excellent customer service, attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills, timeliness and accuracy of work product, good organizational skills, “hands on” management skills and a passion for working in commercial real estate.
The Assistant Property Manager is involved in all aspects of day-to-day operations of the properties, including maintenance and repair, client relations, security, janitorial services, landscaping, snow removal, etc. The Assistant Manager administers, bids, and recommends approval of all maintenance and service contracts. The Assistant Property Manager handles all client complaints and requests, and must be familiar with the terms of client leases. Additionally, the Assistant Property Manager assists in the preparation of the annual budget and the monthly reporting of the financial performance of the properties.
- Provide excellent client service. Respond to client requests/problems in a timely and courteous manner, and generate work orders directed to vendors or maintenance staff.
- Assist in the management of vendors and personnel working at the property to maintain a high standard of performance in accordance with the terms of contracts and the expectations of the owners and clients.
- Assist in the management of onsite personnel including the maintenance mechanic, day porter, and security guard.
- Ensure that all contractors working at the properties have current insurance certificates on file meeting the minimum requirements specified in the management agreements.
- Conduct regular inspections of the property and client spaces to ensure compliance with leases, compliance with life safety policies, and the proper upkeep of the property.
- Assist with the preparation and presentation to ownership of the annual operating budget including the gathering of information such as quotes, energy consumption records, market data, etc. that will be needed in compiling the budget.
- Review, approve, and properly code all invoices for the property.
- Ensure that property and lease files are properly maintained and kept up to date in accordance with company policy.
- Assist with bidding and coordinating planned repair and maintenance and capital improvement projects.
- Assist with administering client move ins and move outs,
- Assist the leasing team as they market the property to prospective clients. Ensure all vacant spaces are in “showable” condition.
- 2-4 years’ experience in commercial real estate.
- A working knowledge of commercial leases.
- Budgeting and financial reporting experience.