The Assistant Property Manager will initially assist in the management and maintenance of approximately 500 rental apartments and 130 condominium units spread across three properties and 90,000 SF of retail space. He/ she will also manage ad hoc projects as directed by the firm’s Principals.
The APM will serve as a primary point of contact for maintenance, construction and the condominium trustees. This APM will bring a foundation of vendor relationship management, contract administration, capital project execution and basic property accounting.
- Conduct regular inspections of the property and tenant spaces to ensure compliance with leases, policies, and proper property upkeep.
- Coordinate and supervise vendors and service providers to ensure each property is maintained at a high level.
- Assist with capital projects and improvements to common areas. Work with contractors to estimate, budget and schedule projects.
- Work with leasing and accounting departments to identify, prioritize, budget and schedule projects.
- Devise, prepare, and maintain necessary forms and reports to effectively schedule and follow through on current and future projects.
- Manage contracts and relationships with service providers to ensure cost effectiveness and high quality work.
- Understand building codes and standards.
- Coordinate with the condominium owners' trustees and assist where necessary in coordinating work with owner’s vendors and contractors.
- Handle all details of move-ins and move-outs and tenant fit up.
- Attend and participate in meetings when requested.
- Be available for on call response to emergencies.
Financial Related Activities
- Review, approve, and/or code invoices in a timely fashion, verifying accuracy of amounts due.
- Assist with the preparation of and implementation of operating and capital budgets including planning, pricing and scheduling.
- Oversee, obtain and track tenant and vendor COIs in work order system.
- Responsible for ensuring timely apartment turns by coordinating all maintenance team requirements.
- Responsible for move outs and move-ins of all residential tenants and parking tenants.
- Assist with marketing and leasing tasks, including web site, social media, event management and advertising
- Other such other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Our client is the self-management arm of one of Boston’s premier residential developers. Located in the Back Bay, the firm offers a full range of property and facilities management services. In business for more than 30 years, the company is committed to providing the highest quality property management services – from daily maintenance to marketing and leasing, renovation and construction.
- 4-year college degree (B.A., B.S., or B.B.A.).
- Experience interacting with and directing maintenance staff.
- Experience with capital projects, managing vendors to meet budget and schedule deadlines.
- Ability to communicate appropriately with sophisticated owner associations.
- Some marketing and leasing experience preferred.
- Experience/familiarity with Microsoft Suite, primarily Excel and Word.
- 5-7 years' experience in residential/commercial facilities and property management.