The Assistant Vice President is responsible for assisting with the Portfolio Manager(s) in overseeing their respective portfolios on behalf of the client.
• Annual Portfolio Business Plan, which includes long-term and tactical strategies
• Investment selection for portfolio
• Investment management and disposition strategy
• Client relationship management and communication
• Cash management- capital calls/distributions
• Financing strategy for portfolio and properties
• Internal/Investor reporting and meetings
• Provide analytical support as requested by Portfolio Manager(s)
• Work with client directly and with client’s consultants, including tax (as necessary)
• Prepare Annual Property Business Plans, with oversight by Portfolio Manager
• Work with Portfolio Manager on impact of tactical changes to Property and Portfolio Business
• Monitor, oversee and report on Property Management’s execution of business plans
• Prepare monthly and quarterly performance reports for management and investors with approval by Portfolio Manager
• Visit markets and properties to validate business plan assumptions, monitor property operations, and identify opportunities and issues in order to improve operations
• Benchmark property performance against industry and peers
• Stay updated of relative market information for all markets related to the portfolio, and work closely with Research team to stay abreast of their viewpoint and recommended course of action
• Work with Portfolio Valuation & Analytics Group in quarterly property valuations
• 25% to 33% travel is required
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Our client is a real estate investment management company know for its vertically-integrated platform and experience in the multifamily sector.