The Associate position is a Boston-based role. The Associate’s primary responsibilities are to analyze and provide support on commercial real estate acquisitions, dispositions, asset management, lease and credit analysis and market research. The Associate will play a fundamental role on the investment team in a high-volume, fast paced, and team driven environment. The Associate will underwrite investment opportunities in office, multi-family residential, hotel, and industrial properties locally and selectively on a national scale.
- Prepare cash flow projections and valuations of various properties using ARGUS and Excel.
- Coordinate Due Diligence: Review leases, budgets, estoppels and other pertinent data.
- Perform financial analyses, including the creation of proforma models and sensitivity analyses for project cash flow, and investment returns.
- Assist in investor and asset management reporting.
- Interact with senior investment professionals and collaborate with the acquisition, asset management, development, leasing operations, and accounting professionals of the firm.
- Market Research: Conduct periodic comparable property/land sale studies and market rent surveys.
- Perform lease and credit analysis on prospective tenants.
- Assist team members in preparing and writing presentation materials, term sheets, and other documents associated with the firm’s acquisition and ownership activities.
Our client is a global privately-owned, fully integrated real estate investment management company that was established over two decades ago. Our client has offices in Boston, New York, Washington, DC, Palm Beach, San Francisco, Los Angeles, London, Munich, Paris and Tokyo. Their experience includes the operation and management of office, multi-family residential, hotel, industrial and single-family residential development properties.
- Bachelor’s degree with major in Finance, Economics, or Business Administration from a top institution preferred.
- Candidates MUST have excellent analytical skills, be highly proficient in Excel modeling and Argus;
- 2-5 years of directly relevant real estate investment background;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Must have excellent research, analytical, organizational and writing skills;
- Must be self-motivated, critical thinker, enthusiastic, inquisitive, detail-oriented;
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously with support from senior team members