Our client is a privately-held developer and operator of industrial, warehouse, distribution, and office properties throughout the United States. The firm has acquired and developed over 100 million square feet of commercial and industrial properties over its 25-year-history. This fully integrated real estate company manages over 27 million square feet of property across 24 states and provides a full range of leasing, facilities, construction management, and property management services for its owned portfolio and select third-party clients.
The firm is seeking an Associate Director of Facilities & Project Management to help drive maintenance, due diligence, and project management services within the portfolio.
The Associate Director of Facilities and Project Management will report to the Directors of Facilities and Project Management and will be responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the New England-based facility team, as well as the administration and execution of preventative and ongoing maintenance. The Associate Director will also be responsible for budgeting, bidding, tracking administration and execution of tenant improvement jobs and development projects under the direction of the two department directors. The Associate Director will play an integral role in growing the platform as well as streamlining and developing its policies and procedures. The position will work closely and under the purview of the two directors but should be able to work independently and confidently in areas related to facilities engineering and project management, especially project management administration.
- Oversee creation of requests for proposals (RFP), bid leveling, bid awards, contract administration, etc. related to awarding a job.
- Oversee project budgets, budget tracking, lien waivers, change orders, etc. and work collaboratively with finance team to maintain proper job costing and accounting of jobs under management.
- Confidently be able to report to senior management on the status of projects, including maintaining project pipeline report.
- Review and play a critical role in property acquisition physical due diligence, including site condition assessment, capital planning needs and associated estimated cost to assist in the underwriting of properties.
- Implement and lead an annual capital improvement planning and budgeting process for all properties.
- Negotiation and preparation of design and construction contracts.
- Establish and help manage relationships and interface with designers, general contractors, architects and engineers on a variety of construction projects.
- Create and assist in monitoring the general contractor’s schedule.
- Oversee facility teams as well as third-party facility managers across the country and ensure timely completion of preventive maintenance and life safety requirements (e.g., sprinkler and life safety testing, work orders, etc.)
- Oversee, direct and monitor all insurance reporting and recommendations and ensure EIP’s compliance with building and insurance safety protocols.
- Administer punch list and project close-out activities, including acceptance and completion of project.
- Ensure proper safety techniques are always deployed to create and maintain a proper risk management platform.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in facilities management or engineering, project management, or a related field.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to produce quality work in consistent manner.
- Ability to manage complex, multifaceted projects and teams.
- Results oriented.
- Strong negotiation and conflict-resolution skills.
- Adaptability to changing demands.
- Proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Project and Blue Beam preferred.
- Proven organizational or management skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively, independently, achieve results without close supervision, and also work effectively as part of a team is essential.
- Ability to set, coordinate and accomplish multiple competing priorities