The critical and strategic role of the Associate Director, Investor Relations is to focus on the marketing and servicing of our client’s real estate funds to the institutional marketplace. The Associate Director will provide information regarding new fund offerings and existing funds to investors, prospective investors and consultants. This position must develop and maintain a comprehensive, strategic, and technical knowledge of the clients’ funds, the competitive landscape, and the overall real estate investment industry. This individual will be involved in product formation helping to development new strategies and business opportunities.
- Create content for marketing collateral – presentation books, investment summaries, research papers, etc. - in connection with raising capital from prospective clients for new funds.
- Assist with drafting private placement memorandums for new fund offerings.
- Respond to RFPs and due diligence questionnaires from prospective clients and consultants.
- Manage relationships with existing clients and consultants, and form relationships with prospective investors and consultants.
- Produce deliverables to respond to ongoing investor and consultant information requests.
- Create unique and compelling analysis to initiate investor engagement.
- Develop materials for and participate in annual partners meetings, advisory committee meetings and other client review meetings.
- Monitor competitive landscape including fund offerings, performance and investor activity.
- Work with accounting group to understand all aspects of fund reporting including historical and current fund performance, detailed return breakdowns and performance attribution, and fund capital calls and distributions.
- Work with asset management team to maintain thorough understanding of all existing investments, including business plans, operating trends and debt characteristics.
- Work with acquisitions team to develop thorough understanding of investment strategy, potential investment opportunities and closed acquisitions.
- Update and enhance information on our client’s website and client portal.
- Attend industry conferences.
- Work with third-party research providers to incorporate market research into presentations, strategy pieces and private placement memorandums.
- Assist in development of new product offerings.
Our Boston based client was founded 10 years ago as an entrepreneurial real estate firm with a deep investment history. The senior principals have invested throughout the peaks and troughs of economic and property market cycles with over 25+ years in the business. Since the inception of their first fund in 2012, they have invested nearly $900 million of equity in more than 50 investments across the U.S. with a gross value of $2.7 billion. Their investment criteria target all major asset classes with a gross property value of $25-150 million with investment strategies in lease-up, repositioning, recapitalization, management turnaround, and development.
- Bachelor Degree in finance, business, economics or marketing.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in investment management industry; experience in real estate investment management and investor relations strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative abilities.
- Proficiency working in Windows environment (MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
- Good organizational and project management skills.
- Ability and desire to work independently and in team environment.