This Associate position will be a part of a fast-pace, high volume investments team requiring rigorous analytical ability and sophisticated market knowledge. This individual will be collaborating with the firm’s EVP of Finance. This position will sit in the Florida office to help identify and analyze new acquisitions and evaluate Value-Add and Development opportunities, predominantly within Multi-Family, Office, Retail and Mixed-Use throughout the Southeastern U.S.
- Coordinate, collect and compile financial analysis and initial due diligence materials (financial statements, market reports, capital expenditure history, environmental and property condition reports, etc.)
- Financial Modeling – Prepare / develop financial analysis which will include developing assumptions and market share, pro forma, capital and return analyses
- Market Research – Compile, analyze and clearly report market data provided by industry periodicals, on-line content, and regional operating personnel
- Competitive Analysis – Maintain detailed database for comparable sales, track market performance and other industry metrics
- Financing – Assist with the coordination of acquisition/development financing and refinancing. Handle monthly reporting to lenders.
- Due Diligence – Assist with the due diligence processes such as establishing a DD budget, tendering for due diligence services, and contract negotiation and management
- Asset Management - Review property level operational and CAPEX budgets and provide economic lease analysis
- Assist with the preparation and review of all presentation materials, including Investment Memoranda for Investment Committee approval as well as regular operations reporting
Established over 40 years ago, our client is Florida's preeminent developer of sophisticated metropolitan living and one of the country's largest real estate conglomerates. Since its inception, the privately held company has built, rehabilitated, and managed over 100,000 condominium, rental and commercial units. The firm is one of the largest Hispanic-owned businesses in the United States with a development portfolio in excess of $40 billion.
The platform has earned international status for its visionary designs and development of luxury condominiums, market-rate rentals, mixed-use centers and affordable properties – often in emerging neighborhoods that impact the lives of all demographics. Our client has redefined real estate by diversifying both its products and buyers, expanding internationally while also sponsoring public art installations that enhance cities' global culture and streetscapes.
- Undergraduate degree required. Course study/curriculum focused in real estate, finance, economics or business, preferred
- 3 to 7 years of relevant commercial real estate analysis experience required
- A successful candidate will be seeking a highly entrepreneurial environment
- Familiarity with market research databases including CoStar, Yardi Matrix, Real Capital Analytics
- Experience with Argus preferred
- Knowledge of real estate cash flow modeling, property-level financial statements and basic accounting
- Strong analytical and computer skills; advanced aptitude in Excel is required
- Operates efficiently in a work environment with tight deadlines
- Possesses strong organizational and project management skills and can multi-task and deliver on various goals
- Strong research, interpretation and quantitative skills
- Detail orientation with excellent written and oral communication skills