Our client’s Data & Technology team is seeking an experienced Business Systems & Data Analyst to join their agile team and jump in at all levels of technology-related initiatives to drive business insights and develop metrics that support the company’s growth. Our client is a real estate investment trust (REIT) focused on the acquisition and operation of single-tenant, industrial properties throughout the United States.
Supporting the core functions of the company, the analyst will be responsible for data modeling, PowerBI report creation and maintenance, ad-hoc reporting, and long-term analytical and statistical projects. The role will support cross-functional stakeholders and work with multiple sources and a wide range of data technologies and systems (e.g. SQL, PowerBI, QuickBase, MRI, HubSpot, etc.).
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with development of metrics and business analytics, and have the aptitude to incorporate new approaches and methodologies, and a strong understanding of Data Warehouse concepts, while dealing with ambiguity.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Responsible for creating and managing PowerBI Reports and Dashboards.
- Support key business systems and applications used across the organization.
- Assist in managing the data warehouse and business intelligence model.
- Document data flow from source systems to the data warehouse.
- Take part in change management and data quality initiatives.
- Think strategically and analytically about business and technical challenges, with the ability to work cross-functionally.
- Work in an ambiguous environment, drawing out and developing business requirements to meet changing needs.
- Work with stakeholders to understand business requirements and implement reporting solutions.
- Communicate and present findings via analysis, reports, and dashboards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field or relevant work experience.
- Desire to leverage technology to work smarter not harder.
- 1-3 years of experience as a business systems analyst, data analyst, or similar job function.
- Demonstrated strength in Business Intelligence tools, SQL, data modeling, ETL development.
- 1-3 years of experience in Commercial Real Estate, Banking, or Finance.
- Demonstrated understanding of building data warehouse and reporting/BI platforms (i.e., SQL knowledge, DAX, dimensional data modeling, etc.)
- Advanced skills in PowerBI, Tableau or other similar BI tools.
- Self-driven and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data.
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Strong verbal, and written, communication skills to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions