Our client is a growing, full service real estate investment and operating company with approximately 4M SF of owned commercial office product. The firm is looking for a Chief Operating Officer (COO) for its Services Division, which is inclusive of property management, construction, engineering and accounting/billing.
The COO role is a key member of the senior management team, reporting only to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The goal of the COO position is to secure the functionality of business to drive extensive and sustainable growth. The COO will maintain control of diverse business operations, requiring an experienced and efficient leader.
Excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethic are key in leading the division’s team of high-performing professionals to be efficient, productive, and effective.The ideal candidate has extensive experience within the industry, ideally working up through the ranks into executive leadership.
Objectives of this Role:
- Collaborate with the CEO in setting the vision and strategy for the Division
- Drive growth across the Division business lines, with particular attention to 3rd party opportunities
- Deliver top notch performance, with a client service mindset to all clients, both internal and external.
- Oversee company operations and employee productivity, ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met
- Ensure effective recruiting, onboarding, professional development, performance management and retention
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Analyze internal operations and identify areas of process enhancement
- Develop actionable business strategies and plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term objectives developed in tandem with the CEO
- Monitor performance with tracking and establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasting
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with key customers, clients, partners, and stakeholders
- Proven experience as Chief Operating Office or relevant role
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving