Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Oversees organization’s human resources department, including compensation and benefits, employee engagement, performance evaluation, employee benefits, professional development, and recruiting.
- Collaborates with the Director of IT to include the continued development of infrastructure, software, cloud and other resources to better serve internal and external users.
- Manages the organization’s drive to streamline processes and implement enhancements to various platforms acting as an effective change agent ensuring effective and efficient operations across parts of the organization.
- Collaborates with senior leadership in the business and strategic planning processes, including developing success metrics.
- Oversees preparation of planning efforts to include budgets and strategic and annual business plans for areas of responsibility.
- Manages and directs the training and technical assistance to include needs assessment, orientation, and training of staff in coordination with property management leadership.
- Provides status reports to other company leaders on a monthly basis on departments and projects under management.
- Ensures that business processes are consistent and in accordance with organization’s policy, federal, and state requirements/regulations.
- Keeps the organizations, mission, value, and strategic vision at the forefront of decision-making and actions.
CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER (CAO)
The Chief Administrative Officer is a newly created position designed to lead, manage, and direct the organization's human resources, technology, corporate marketing, and communications activities along with responsibility for company-wide best practices adoption, process improvement, and change management. The CAO will organize, plan, and direct analyses and activities, including staffing, policy and procedure development, project planning, and implementation in support of the company’s three profit centers; Multifamily, Commercial and Ventures. We are seeking a highly efficient and natural leader with a broad strategic organizational perspective to actively participate with other senior company leaders in the development and execution of business strategies and tactics.
- Bachelor's degree in business and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Leadership skills to analyze and evaluate information and situations; synthesize ideas and integrate information; and to present viable, compliant solutions.
- Interpersonal communications skills to work collaboratively within a culturally diverse workforce and constituents from varying backgrounds and perspectives.
- Knowledge of best practices and substantial expertise in human resources and project management.
- Proficiency and aptitude in administration and technology.
- Management experience within a complex organization and project management of high-impact projects.
- Experience managing financial and budgetary needs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in analyzing and trending data.
- Proficient in MS Office suite (primarily Word, Outlook and Excel).
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- MBA or other advanced degree.
- Multifamily Industry Experience.
- Experience in project management and resource allocation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication, active listening, persuasiveness, advising and counseling.
- Ability to be creative and apply critical and analytical thinking.
- Ability to drive and lead change across the organization.
Sit for extended periods of time at a computer.
Ability to travel, occasionally work long hours, depending on the requirements of this position, including some evening/weekend/holiday work and travel days.
Some overnight travel required.