Interested and Qualified Candidates Please Contact:
Ellen Haber, Managing Director | email@example.com | (917) 842-0328
San Francisco/ San Jose/ Bay Area
Our client is seeking to hire a Client Services Director (CSD) in the San Francisco / San Jose / Bay Area. The Client Services Director is a Corporate role designed to work closely with a variety of constituents across the IA portfolio to uncover opportunities, generate profitable growth and increase local, regional and global market share by sourcing new client and project leads. The CSD will manage tracking and measurement of such, ensure client satisfaction, cultivate and manage high-level relationships and strategic accounts, and provide input on contract and resource vetting. The CSD reports directly to the Managing Principal of Client Solutions and works closely with IA Managing Principals / Directors and the leadership team.
The CSD will also work with IA Account Director(s) and/or outside IA partners in cultivating and managing high-level relationships within selected accounts. The CSD may be further required to provide strategic direction and input on approach, initial meetings, proposals, presentations, work teams, contracts, and various metrics for follow up during the course of the client relationship.
• Big-picture thinker who adapts as IA’s needs adapt
• Assists with the operations, supervision and leadership of staff (if applicable)
• Mediator, adaptable by nature to ensure balance when dealing with conflicting priorities
• Highly motivated and organized
• Experience working across expanded geographies, whether regional, national or global
• The CSD is a pivotal role for active participation in IA sponsored national / global events (e.g., CoreNet, IFMA, IAMC, BOMA, NAIOP, SIOR, CCIM, USGBC, ULI, etc.), and key local events, and coordinates with IA Executive leadership and events personnel around strategy, budget, participation, exhibit staffing, marketing, corporate sub-event expectations and performance deliverables.
• The CSD acts in a leadership role in coordinating the efforts of event teams (when appropriate) for participation, meeting development and seminar participation or leadership,
and tracks both self-participation and results to allow for cost justification of these expenditures and year-over-year ROI measurement.
• As national / global events consume a great deal of time and expense for the firm, the CSD is on point to work with CS leadership on ensuring firm deliverables are met and / or exceeded, and yet also communicates risks and challenges early in the development process. The CSD also leads the events post-mortem process to ensure opportunities are explored and executed upon appropriately, acting often with local IA leadership to do so.
• Comprehensive knowledge of marketing concepts, principles and strategies
• Strong organization and tracking skills, using CIS databases and other tools (LinkedIn, social media, etc.)
• Strong, demonstrated industry relationships
• Well known, regarded and respected in the industry
• Advanced level in MS Office Suite skills, including PowerPoint, Teams
• Advanced sales tracking software skills
• CRM (Salesforce)
• Design software experience preferred (Adobe Suite)
The CSD will achieve, and be measured against, the following:
• Increasing market share with existing clients via variable work (e.g., one-off projects)
• Identifying and assisting in closing new clients via variable work
• Increasing market share with existing MSA clients (accounts), including adding new service lines, extensions of business and renewals within
• Identifying and assisting in closing new MSA clients (accounts)
The CSD will achieve, and be measured against, the following:
• Ability to quickly assess and identify needs analysis around existing resources, contacts and resources, including a gap and SWOT analysis within the first 60 days
• Development of a market area strategic plan within the first 90 days
• Demonstrated track record leading often geographically dispersed teams around opportunities, including strategy associated with proposals, presentations, team structure and fee
• Developing strategy and execution for attaining and supporting new and existing work
• Increasing market share with existing and new clients
• Overseeing project(s) from a client services perspective and the successful delivery thereof
• Meeting or exceeding specific financial targets and goals
• Developing, measuring and tracking against KPIs for client success
Our client is a global architecture firm with 20 offices across the US focused on interiors that provides strategic planning, interior architecture and design services for corporations, businesses and institutions.
• 20+ years in progressive sales and marketing roles with demonstrated experience identifying, locating, and closing large accounts and variable projects with Fortune 500 companies, developers, REITS, real estate companies, owners and investors.
• Experience selling commercial architecture and design services and / or sales parallel with professional services products and services.
• Astute knowledge of the industry
• Established network / relationships with key decision-making contacts within the corporate real estate and facilities industry and Fortune 500 companies.
• Seller / doer experience preferred
• Ability to have 1:1 conversation with senior real estate executives required, and able to close opportunities in a lead role
• Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced presentation and persuasion skills
• Excellent customer (internal and external) service skills
• Strong, outgoing personality, adaptable to consistent change inside of client relationships and IA itself
• Open to coaching and counseling when required to modify selling tactics for each client or potential, as well as internal IA relationships
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Comprehensive knowledge of the commercial interior architecture and/or design industry.
• Comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of interior design.
• Comprehensive knowledge of design intent and practices.
• Intermediate MS Office application skills.
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
• Advanced presentation and graphic communication abilities.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences.
• Advanced supervisory, leadership and team building skills.
• Proven ability to define and communicate a vision.
• Extensive knowledge of budget preparation and the proven ability to manage projects within budgetary constraints.
• Proven ability to analyze financial data and implement initiatives that contain costs and maximize profitability.
• Proven ability to prioritize and manage diverse responsibilities within allotted time and/or budget.
• The CSD serves as a role model for account development, communicating regularly and broadly to identify and actualize opportunities, while engaging local IA leadership to execute upon the same, coordinating marketing and other teams as required to focus RFP, presentation and overall pursuit success.
• The CSD is responsible for developing and executing monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals, and managing a business development expense account associated with their role relating directly to their assigned opportunities. This account encompasses travel, entertainment, events or donations and miscellaneous expenses associated with the development of opportunities.
• The CSD is responsible for identifying, coordinating and gaining approval to participate in appropriate localized / national events relating to existing and target clients, evaluating costs and potential gains, working with leadership to ensure powerful impacts from the investments.
• BA or BS or equivalent with work experience in marketing, sales, architecture, design or related fields. Advanced degree and relevant industry certifications desirable.