Our client is a regional real estate development, investment, and management company with over 2.5 million square feet of office, industrial and retail real estate under management throughout New England. The firm is looking to add an experienced Property Manager to its team to oversee a portfolio of multiple mixed use properties.
The Property Manager will manage the operations of the portfolio with a focus on superior tenant service and maximum return on investment.
Scope of Responsibility and Authority
The Property Manager is charged with supporting management’s efforts in the day-to-day implementation of policies, procedures and programs that will assure well-managed buildings, placing maximum emphasis on positive responses to concerns and needs of tenants, environmental health and safety, and quality programs in coordination and conjunction with the owner’s goals and objectives. The Property Manager must provide “in-charge” responsibilities for the property. These responsibilities include being on-call 24 hours, managing and delegating maintenance staff and contractors.
- Provide excellent tenant service. Respond to tenant requests/problems in a timely and courteous manner and generate work orders directed to vendors or maintenance staff. Follow-up with the tenant to ensure satisfactory resolution of the issue. Ensure that there is 24-hour emergency coverage for the property at all times.
- Manage the development’s finances and administration, including preparation of annual budgets and capital plans, monthly and quarterly reporting, annual operating expense and real estate tax reconciliations, rent collection.
- Present annual operating budget to ownership.
- Conduct periodic inspections of the property and tenant spaces to ensure compliance with leases and proper upkeep of the property.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate tenant lease files, records, correspondence and file notes at the main office. Collect and organize all property information in a format for quick reference.
- Work with property accountants in the preparation of year-end CAM and RE Tax reconciliations in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist with administering tenant occupancy, including providing the new tenant with an appropriate introduction letter regarding emergency contacts, insurance requirements, rent collection procedures and maintenance request procedures.
- Coordinate entry of all property information into the company software including Certificates of Insurance, tenant contact information and key lease date tracking.
Physical Property Maintenance Specific Duties
- Walk and drive the property as needed to ensure positive curb appeal. Check to make sure the grounds and common areas are free from trash and debris. Write service requests to complete work as identified for any maintenance or repairs of the property.
- Solicit competitive bids for landscape maintenance, snow plowing and removal, trash removal and cleaning.
- Execute any Capital Improvement Projects previously approved by ownership.
- Read utility meters and calculate utility bill-backs to tenants.
- Conduct weekly visits to all tenants to ensure their satisfaction with the management of the property and address any new issues.
- Coordinate tenant move-ins and departures.
- Prepare memos, faxes, and email; maintain files; prepare expense reports and other administrative forms; copying and delivery services. Use only the company email address for property and tenant correspondence.
- Maintain office clerical, filing and record keeping systems for the property at the main office.
- Assist in the production of monthly, quarterly and annual investor reports.
- Assist in preparation of transaction related documents.
- Sort, code and ensure accuracy and compliance with contracts of all property related invoices.
- Assist main office accounting with questions related to the property and resolution of vendor issues.
- Collect and process delinquent monthly rental and CAM charges. Main office will generate a list for collection each month. Generate a status report monthly on these collection reports.
- Participate in the completion of the monthly, quarterly, and annual budgets, comparisons, details and summaries.
- Assist with special projects and other responsibilities as may be determined.
- Bachelor’s Degree. CPM and/or RPA designation preferred.
- 5+ years of property/ management experience, preferably in commercial management with office and retail assets.
- Strong knowledge of building systems; ability to trouble sheet maintenance/ engineering issues and understand costs associated with service.
- Demonstrated ability to manage capital projects.
- Excellent management skills
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office, a must; Yardi experience a plus
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and writing skills to interact throughout the company on all levels and with clients and tenants
- Must understand commercial real estate business environment