We are representing a high-growth opportunity in our client’s Atlanta office, located in the heart of Buckhead. As a Commercial Real Estate Loan Originator, this individual will have an active role in analyzing real estate debt investment opportunities across various asset classes and property types, including multifamily, mixed use, retail, land and lot development and hotels. A competitive candidate will have relationships in market, enabling to build upon a pre-existing book of business. The originator will be responsible for:
• Leading business development through proactive calling of prospective mortgage brokers, sponsors and real estate professionals;
• Growing and managing referral relationships;
• Managing marketing and sales activities, as well as project work flow;
• Pre-screening and high-level underwriting of inbound deal flow;
• Structuring deals to isolate and mitigate risks while at the same time offer creative solutions to the sponsor’s financing situation;
• Using CoStar, Excel and other sources to derive market information, property values, analyze cash flows, and calculate DSCR, debt yield and LTV;
• Discussing/presenting deals to the lending team and investment committee;
• Writing investment memorandums and term sheets;
• Facilitating client interaction to drive the loan to a successful close.
Our client is a leading multinational real estate financier that has built a reputation for providing developers, owners and investors innovative short to mid-term capital solutions for commercial properties in major markets across Canada and the United States. Our client is a part of a larger international platform with offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Atlanta, Dallas and Palm Beach.
This high-growth platform has earned the trust of investors, including some of Canada’s largest pension funds, by applying rigorous institutional grade underwriting to generate attractive yields and stable sources of income.
The recent merger of two successful platforms has led to the future growth strategy of their U.S team and production. Since the successful merger in 2016, their originations team has expanded and closed on $1.2B of loans.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, commercial real estate, or a related area;
• Solid knowledge and understanding of commercial real estate and lending fundamentals;
• Minimum of 10 years’ directly-related loan origination experience
• Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to balance multiple projects and a high-volume workload and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
• Excellent financial modelling, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
• Ability to develop and close warm and cold leads with integrity and unsurpassed customer satisfaction
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to work accurately and with attention to detail.
• No travel restrictions.
• Track record of minimum $50M per year in closings, for the previous 2 years.
• Computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Word and Excel.