The Construction Project Manager will report directly to the Chief of Design and Construction and support the restoration and construction of the five-building complex in Washington, D.C. The role will assist with the planning and cost-effective execution of all design and construction projects across the historic bank buildings undergoing renovation and restoration, as well as the renovation of two office towers and the construction of a glass atrium connecting all the buildings. With the Chief of Design and Construction, the Construction Project Manager will focus on quality design and construction execution in line with the Founder's vision, innovative approaches to budget, scheduling, cost control and time-to-market reductions, strong relationships with the extended design and construction team, and compliance with all requirements.
- Maintain all records, including design, schedule and financial reports and contracts, related to the restoration and renovation
- In coordination with Development Manager, maintain and communicate budget, cost estimate and cost-to-complete information in a complete and timely fashion to all project team members and other constituencies throughout the duration of projects.
- Document budget and schedule variances to principal clients and management
- Work with Development Manager to ensure timely and accurate monthly financial statement preparation and presentation
- Conduct detailed reviews of monthly draw requests submitted by Development Manager for financial accuracy and consistency with what has actually been built in the field
- Oversee process of change orders and ensure documentation and proper approval, to ensure the scope of the work and unit costs are aligned with the construction problem being solved
- Identify innovative opportunities that enhance the quality of, decrease the cost of, and reduce time to complete construction projects
- Track the development of the GMP and associated trade allowances
- Evaluate invoices from vendors
- Work with extended teams to ensure uniform quality, schedule and budget for all design and construction projects; act as a liaison, communicator and facilitator between internal "partners" and service providers such as consultants, wholesalers, and other vendors and contractors
- Be familiar with and work to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulatory agency-required guidelines
- Prepare for regular meetings with senior executives to communicate projects status and proactively solicit feedback, with the goal of providing complete information in a timely fashion to key stakeholders and other constituencies throughout the project
- BA or BS required; preferred in Engineering or Architecture
- Minimum five years of experience in construction assisting with complex multi-use projects
- Position is based in Washington, D.C. and will be required to work onsite and in office most days