Our client is a mixed-use developer and vertically-integrated company that conceptualizes, owns, operates and leases more than 100 properties that range from cutting-edge urban spaces to lifestyle and community centers. With over 20 million square feet of existing space and an additional five million square feet under development, it is one of the largest privately-owned development firms in the country.
The Construction PM will assist in the oversight and management of various construction projects in the Seaport project. The PM will quickly integrate into the team overseeing a 525,000 square-foot mixed-use office tower currently under construction for a high-profile technology tenant, which will be completed in 2021. This individual will play an integral role supporting the preconstruction, buyout, GMP execution, and construction commencement of a 707,000 square foot mixed-use building that will begin construction in 2021 that will include office, retail, and performing arts spaces with critical analytical and management capacity.
The Construction Project Manager will also collaborate with and support the Seaport Development team from the early stages of each Seaport building’s lifecycle by participating in and supporting the preconstruction effort during the design of each building and providing technical and analytical support to the Development team throughout the development process. These projects will range in size from major high-rise mixed-use towers to various public realm improvement projects, existing building modifications and renovations, and other components of the Seaport project.
The Construction Project Manager will also collaborate with and work closely with other departments within the firm’s vertically-integrated Seaport team including Tenant Construction, Operations & Property Management, Leasing, and Finance/Accounting on various aspects of each construction project throughout each building’s lifecycle.
- Support day-to-day preconstruction, construction, and closeout activities on multiple large-scale high-rise construction projects.
- Assist one or more Directors of Construction with analytical, quantitative, and detail-oriented reviews of estimates, bids/trade proposals, change proposals, CM contracts, and other financial aspects of each project.
- Provide detailed reviews and oversight of the monthly pay requisition and bill approval process in coordination with the Project Budget and Reporting team.
- Assist in change request review process and manage project cost controls to ensure the project is within the approved budget.
- Assist in the on-site management of each project to ensure adherence to standards of quality and attention to detail, as well as specific requirements associated with applicable permits and approvals.
- Assist in the design and development of plans to meet company and tenant requirements including lease and plan reviews.
- Prepare contracts per company standards, including insurance requirements, and schedules, which meet company obligations.
- Assist and direct contractors’ activities to meet project budget, schedule, quality, and delivery requirements.
- Work with the Leasing Department and Tenant Construction on lease exhibits and tenant lease requirements.
- Assist the Development Department on various aspects of the projects from permitting to construction.
- Assist in construction closeout and turnover to Operations/Property Management
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience required. Relevant experience on urban, high-rise mixed-use projects of exceptional design quality is required.
- Detail oriented with the ability to read, interpret, improve upon, and make recommendations on plans for large-scale complex mixed-use projects.
- Prior experience in collaborating with owner/developer stakeholders.
- A team-oriented professional with creativity, initiative, and the breadth of construction experience.
- Decisive, smart, and able to “think three-dimensionally.”
- Communicating effectively internally and externally is a key priority.
- Be hands-on and yet be able to “see the forest through the trees.”
- A polished, articulate, and savvy professional who will represent the Company in the marketplace in a first-class fashion.
- An individual who has a sense of urgency and constantly asks, “How can we improve, do things better?"
- Flexible, with the ability to work as a team player and relate well to colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- A “roll up your sleeves,” “can-do” attitude, superb people skills and a strong work ethic.
- The ability to juggle multiple tasks, be a self-starter, and maintain composure in a fast-paced work environment.
- Results-oriented attention to setting goals and getting things done – not merely delegating to others.
- Effective verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills with Excel, MS Project, P6, and cost control software platforms.