Our client is the largest provider of senior housing in New England; the firm owns and operates 60 communities in the six New England states, New York and Pennsylvania. With numerous other communities under construction and plans to continue expansion through both new construction and strategic acquisitions, the firm is experiencing exciting growth.
Initially, this Project Manager will be an integral part of executing a multi-year, $150+ Million dollar capital improvement plan across 35+ properties and 3,500+ units under the direction of the VP of Portfolio Asset Operations before moving on to other projects in the pipeline.
The Project Manager is responsible for coordinating and managing all necessary resources for the owner throughout the entirety of the project from start-up through closeout. This role will oversee designers, consultants, contractors, and vendors. The Project Manager ensures that both the owner’s and company's expectations and budgetary guidelines are met or exceeded. The Project Manager manages the project from beginning to end including: budget, costs, schedule, risk management, insurance, general work performance and quality, communication, and overall progress.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and communicate with contractors, field supervision, subcontractors, communities and vendors to assist them in working in accordance with the owner project schedule
- Representative of the owner to architects, consultants, government authorities, vendors and subcontractors
- Administer financial aspects of the owner’s contract with contractor
- Build effective working relationships with the project team members and community leadership
- Review the general contract and contract documents and monitor the budget setup and project milestones
- Assist in driving the individual project designs in accordance with the established design platform to ensure the company vision is adhered to.
- Assist in the creation and monitoring of the schedule of values and project logs, plan for project safety and mobilization, including review and validation with team members
- Participate and monitor the purchasing process and document control by the Contractor, designer and procurement
- Monitor and ensure the buy schedule, write scopes of work, distribute and log subcontracts, write required contract riders and purchase orders, and confirm compliance with project insurance requirements are being followed by the contractor
- Review contractor references, obtain subcontractor bonds (when required), and maintain project files
- Monitor and ensure all purchase and delivery schedules, change order processes, shop drawings, document control logs for the Architect, Consultants, Contractor and Subcontractor are submitted timely for approval and maintained.
- Understand and participate with the contractor and procurement in the trade and materials buyout including: defining scope of work, authoring Exhibits, ensuring scope coverage, understanding the buy and project schedules.
- Attend and schedule all management meetings necessary to monitor and manage the project, chairing those meetings as appropriate
- Manage all requisitions and payments including lien releases and maintain best possible cash flow throughout the project, communicating issues proactively
- Act as liaison to each community to ensure proper and adequate communication.
- Ensure the delivery of all necessary manuals for the owner, consolidate project documentation and files
- Insure that contractor produces the subcontractor closeout, owner training, and punch list process
- Insure delivery of all warranties, as-builts and training for the owner.
- Excellent business judgment demonstrated by consistently achieving execution objectives and strong project close-outs with client and subcontractor relationships in good standing
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail evidenced by a strong command of all applicable contract and legal provisions
- Ability to constantly multi-task and handle competing priorities between company business needs and organizational issues across multiple projects.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to confidently and decisively take action in a face paced environment.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities with excellent diplomatic and communication skills, able to handle and resolve conflicts effectively in a firm but fair manner
- 7+ years of experience
- Degree in Construction Management/ Engineering/Architecture preferred
- Demonstrated success independently managing multiple construction projects simultaneously
- Solid communication skills
- Ability to work independently, multi task and prioritize.