Our client is seeking full-time Analyst / Associate to join its Development Team in Boston, MA. The role will be focused on supporting the Development Team on aspects of the real estate development process. Specific tasks will include underwriting, entitlement support, due diligence support, financial analysis, project management support, construction management and disposition efforts. As part of the Development Team, the Analyst / Associate will work on all aspects of the development process through a cradle-to-grave approach (networking, acquisitions, due diligence, entitlement, capitalization, design, construction, leasing, and dispositions) in the Boston metro area. This role will report directly to the Director of Development.
Acquisitions / New Opportunities
- Professionally and ethically serve as a representative of our client
- Work collaboratively with both external and internal stakeholders
- Tour markets and properties, research market conditions, analyze market data, and assist in due diligence
- Provide support in the acquisition of new development opportunities by creating development pro formas in MS Excel, updating project schedules, and analyzing upside and downside scenarios
- Assist in the preparation of investment committee memoranda to summarize key aspects of opportunities
- Work closely with outside legal team in the creation of contracts for purchasing property and hiring third-party consultants (ground leases, purchase and sale agreements, leases, AIAs, professional service agreements, etc.)
- Develop and maintain the budget, schedule, and scope for multiple development projects
- Work with a wide range of external consultants to progress the development of each project
- Coordinate meetings and manage critical deliverables from the design team and construction team
- Create collateral for leasing pitches, public meetings, entitlement meetings and internal reports
- Report on project performance to internal stakeholders such as Asset Management, Accounting, Property Management, Construction and firm leadership
Our client is a real estate private equity firm with a strong history of successful real estate investment, management and development. The firm is based in Boston, with regional offices in Metro New York and Metro Washington D.C. Our client is a vertically-integrated firm. The company’s primary investment vehicles are Partners Fund II, a $250 million closed end value-add fund, and Partners Fund III, a $360 million closed end value-add fund. The client focuses on select multifamily, industrial, life science, office, medical office, and mixed-use investments where we can create value, provide increased margins of safety, and maximize risk-adjusted returns.
- 2-3 years of real estate experience in private equity, brokerage, construction, or design disciplines
- Strong quantitative skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to learn quickly, work both independently and as a team member, and to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in an organized and efficient manner
- Desire to develop a comprehensive understanding of real estate development
- This position has very limited or no remote-work potential and the expectation is that the employee would work primarily on-site in a safe, socially-distant manner in the Boston office taking into account company and state COVID-19 policies and precautions
- Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. A satisfactory background check is a prerequisite to employment at this firm.
- This is an exempt position under FLSA.