Interested and qualified candidates, please contact:
Sierra Olney | email@example.com| 617.247.0505
Ryan MacDonald | firstname.lastname@example.org | 617.247.0505
Our client seeks a Development Associate to support development finance and project management initiatives. Reporting to the CEO and CIO, the Development Associate will be engaged in tasks ranging from financial analysis on potential and existing development projects to construction and permitting support.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain complex acquisition and development models for all projects
- Collect and integrate project data and underwriting assumptions, including construction cash flow requirements, operating income and expense projections and financing assumptions for project proformas
- Maintain project budgets and schedules and report on variances
- Prepare reports for senior management on development progress and critical decision points
- Assist in origination, underwriting and due diligence of acquisition and investment transactions
- Assist in management of the development process and interact with venture partner(s) representatives regarding specific project issues.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in a variety of aspects related to the financing, permitting and programming of digester development projects.
- During all phases of a project, work closely with the CEO, CIO and other development team members, including accounting, to assist both in the approval of invoices and the development of projected financial summaries.
- Attend weekly team meetings to detail project progress and outline critical issues
- Collaborate with senior leadership on submittals to banking institutions and capital partners for procurement of loans and financing
- Assist in the preparation and ongoing execution of the national business plan for development projects
- Assist Development team in communication with and submittals to governmental jurisdictions on entitlement and zoning related matters.
- Support CEO and CIO on current initiatives and new business development
- Work closely with investment team and outside capital partner
- Provide monthly and quarterly reports, each customized for leadership and investors
- Other duties as may be required, including travel
Our client is the premier anaerobic digester developer/owner/operator in the United States. Their closed-loop anaerobic digestion process converts organic waste into green electricity or renewable natural gas as well as other related “value added” products. They are headquartered in MA, funded by institutional capital partners and currently, have projects operating and in development in Massachusetts, Vermont, New York, Georgia, New Mexico, Nevada and Colorado. They have a plan to aggressively expand into other domestic markets.
- Minimum of 3-7 years’ experience in a related field
- Commercial real estate underwriting, permitting and project management experience preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of real estate development deal structure and lifecycle
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- BA/BS degree required