The Director of Development will assist senior management in various aspects of the South Station development project in Boston and support the pursuit of other new development and investment opportunities.
- Management of the project budget and development schedule
- Investor and lender relations and reporting
- Marketing and leasing of office space
- Marketing and sales of residential units
- Development of the amenity program for the project
- Participation in preparation of monthly funding requests
- Financial analysis of project underwriting, refinancing, recapitalization, sale, etc.
- Administration of service contracts
- Serving as a liaison and monitoring the flow of information regarding the project among communication consultants, transportation-related stakeholders and project abutters
- Administering contracts with BPDA, transportation agencies and abutters
- Creation of condominium documents
- Coordination with construction management team
- Complies with all Hines policies and procedures.
- Eight or more years professional work experience with five or more years working directly in real estate development.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- MBA or equivalent Real Estate Certificate preferred but not required (related experience considered in lieu of post undergraduate studies).
Our client is a privately owned global real estate investment, development and management firm with a presence in 20 countries and just under $100 billion assets under management. They have 114 developments currently underway around the world, and historically, has developed, redeveloped or acquired 1,205 properties totaling over 390 million square feet.
- Passion for real estate development, high quality design and construction, and placemaking of all types
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Strong graphics skills are essential (i.e. Adobe suite, PowerPoint)
- Proven ability to multi-task and handle large volume of work without sacrificing quality
- Strong work ethic and flexibility and desire to work evenings and weekends if and when necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration, leadership and negotiation skills
- Ability to foster positive and productive relationships with project team members and third parties
- Strong negotiating and collaboration skills as well as sound political judgment
- Ability to creatively solve problems and overcome adversity
- Follows procedure and protocol. Focused level of attention and concentration to the tasks at hand.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Accurately informs supervision and subordinates of important developments.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness and independence in carrying out responsibilities and assignments
- Enables success in both employees and peers through mentoring, coaching and decisive administration.
- Makes systematic use of organizational systems and processes. Takes an organized, logical approach to thinking through issues.
- Regularly exercises independent judgment and decision-making to resolve day-to-day operational issues
- Applies learning to new situations.