Our client is a leading commercial real estate investment and development firm, having successfully acquired, developed, re-positioned and/or entitled and managed over five million square feet of real estate over the past 35 years, valued at over $3 billion.
Focused on high quality, mixed use development assets in leading gateway markets, with a strong emphasis on creative place making and value add approaches to real estate, our client is among the top tier of real estate development and management firms in the New England market.
The Development Manager will assist Project Executives on all aspects of various ground-up and redevelopment projects, and capital/tenant improvement projects throughout the firm’s dynamic, mixed-use urban portfolio of commercial real estate assets. The Development Manager will be responsible for executing elements of the approved business plan on time and on budget with regular reporting to senior management. Regular reporting will include but not be limited to maintaining & updating development materials for internal review and presentation such as project reports, budgets, and schedules. The Development Manager will be responsible for the overall coordination of internal and external project teams including design consultants, construction, legal, leasing, marketing, and property management and will work with senior staff to track potential changes to project schedule/budget and work with accounting to track changes and create monthly draw requests and investor reports. The Development Manager shall have experience with mid to large scale mixed-use projects.
General Project Management:
- Coordinate with internal project team including construction, legal, leasing, marketing, property management and accounting to effectively execute development projects.
- Coordinate and manage third party design teams including all architects and engineers for design of project. Until a Design and Construction Manager is identified for such projects, this will include negotiation of contracts, holding teams accountable to budgets and schedule, participating in all design meetings and providing feedback, and ensuring coordination between consultants to deliver a product on time and on budget.
- Maintain & update development materials for internal review and presentation, includes project reports, budgets, and schedules.
- Update Project Executives potential changes to project schedule and budget and solutions for managing variances.
- Prepare predevelopment budgets and work with accounting to track budget changes and create and approve draw requests.
- Prepare and coordinate timely payment of draws with lender and JV partners.
- Requests and obtains approvals from lenders and JV partners per governing documents.
- Prepare materials for decision making meetings, which include but are not limited to project updates, schedule and/or budget updates, various design approvals (site/landscape design, exterior building design, interior design direction), development program updates and marketing plans.
- Work with leasing department on project specific lease deals including the development of Landlord delivery scopes of work / TI estimates and work with construction department on creating estimates for such work.
- Work with leasing department, lease administration, and construction department on general tenant coordination matters.
- Attend project meetings and hearings during permitting process and support Project Executives with various follow-up work
- Participate in the preparation and review of permitting documents and coordinate with consultants to provide technical feedback/assistance
- Obtain consultant proposals for development projects and track soft costs as project scope evolves
- Track project details as design evolves (update construction cost estimates, gross and rentable square footages, etc.)
- Maintain project plans, reports, images, etc.
- Maintain project files on MFILES.
- Work with finance and accounting on various financial models, budgets and relevant project reporting tools. Keeps proforma and predevelopment budgets regularly updated and troubleshoots any potential variances.
- Tracks proforma versus actual during transition of asset to operations. Participates in turnover process to operations so team is aware of all permitting obligations and team understands underwriting objectives for lease up.
- B.A. or B.S. in civil engineering, city planning, architecture, finance or related fields
- 5-8 years job experience in a real estate related field
- Experience in design, construction, leasing, tenant coordination, or property management
- Basic knowledge of permitting and entitlements
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to proactively manage responsibilities in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, environment