Our client is looking to hire a highly motivated and collaborative Project Manager to join its Development team. Primary responsibilities include end-to-end project management of various sized capital and tenant improvement projects throughout the North American portfolio, maintaining high standards of quality and excellence. The position is based in Boston and will involve domestic and possibly international travel.
- End-to-end project management of various sized capital improvement projects including exterior improvements, lobby and common space renovations, turnkey tenant fit-outs, resiliency and sustainability initiatives, FF&E upgrades, and other special projects.
- Support development directors who are overseeing new developments and large scale repositioning projects with various project management and design management efforts.
- Responsible for engagement and procurement of professional services, construction, budgeting, design and permitting approvals, scheduling, cash forecasting, contract management, construction implementation and closeout.
- Identify key risks, project complexities, timelines and status for the projects undertaken; anticipate, mitigate, and resolve issues and conflicts that arise during the project.
- Ongoing coordination and collaboration with the asset management teams on project scope, schedule, budget and efforts to minimize impact to the tenants during construction.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to meet project requirements and approvals.
- Manage the process and deliverables of design consultants throughout the design and construction process as well as facilitate communication within the design team to minimize oversights and increase efficiency.
- Utilize the Yardi CM project controls system to maintain up-to-date budget, contracts, invoicing and cash forecasting. Provide project reporting as needed.
- Manage feasibility studies for various capital projects.
- Attend consultant and construction meetings as required to provide client input, monitor progress and ensure project requirements are met.
- Review tenant’s fit-out design and attend site meetings and inspections to verify proper integration with company and property standards.
- Assist Acquisitions team with technical due diligence reports and budgeting.
- Actively manage projects to ensure schedule, budget, and company standards of quality and excellence are met.
Our client is an international real estate advisor that acquires, develops and manages properties and places – specializing in mixed-use and office environments in the world’s leading cities. The firm owns and manages over 8 million square feet of Class A office space globally.
- Bachelors’ degree in related field with 4-6 years of project management experience in commercial real estate, architecture, engineering, or construction management.
- Experience in end-to-end delivery of large tenant fit out and capital projects required, experience with ground-up development projects desirable.
- Working knowledge of the architectural and engineering design process, building systems, zoning, permitting, commercial construction and real estate development.
- Understanding of sustainability and resiliency industry initiatives and practices.
- Collaborative, proactive work style and experience in building and managing project teams to achieve goals.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and flexibility to change when needed.
- Candidates should demonstrate the firm’s core values of excellence, integrity, and collaboration.