Duties and Responsibilities:
- Underwriting analysis and due diligence.
- Community engagement and outreach.
- Coordinate design and construction documents with the design team and third-party consultants.
- Oversee consultant bid and selection process, including consultant contract scope preparation.
- Manage consultant team and coordinate all approvals required for construction loan closing.
- Serve as point person for lender and equity coordination.
- Coordinate with the Management Group on operating projections and lease-up.
- Review all requisitions and attend monthly requisition meetings.
- Manage construction loan to permanent loan conversion/refinancing.
- Oversee building handoff to the Management Group.
Our client’s development team oversees the acquisition, pre-development, design and financial structuring of mixed-use, mixed-income projects in New York City, Westchester County, New Jersey, and Baltimore. Since 2010, the firm has developed over $1.3B in mixed-income housing comprising over 2,600 units and over 170,000 SF of commercial space. The firm currently has over 5M SF of ground up development in its pipeline.
The development team is hiring a Development Project Manager to work on large scale development projects throughout the New York City metropolitan area. The successful candidate will manage multiple development projects from acquisition through pre-development, construction and completion.
- Master’s in Business Administration, or Master’s Degree in Urban Planning, Real Estate, or Real Estate related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of significant experience in Real Estate Development with an emphasis on multifamily housing.
- Demonstrated ability to build and direct effective teams to manage complex development projects.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of development and construction practices.
- Strong MS Office and Adobe Suite skills.
- Team oriented with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously while working in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.