Our client’s development team oversees the acquisition, pre-development, design, and financial structuring of mixed-use, mixed-income projects in New York City, Westchester County, New Jersey, and Baltimore. Since 2010, the firm has developed over $1.3B in mixed-income housing comprising over 2,600 units and over 170,000 SF of commercial space. The firm currently has over 5M SF of ground-up development in its pipeline.
The development team is hiring a Development Project Manager to work on large scale development projects throughout the New York City metropolitan area. The successful candidate will manage multiple development projects from acquisition through pre-development, construction, and completion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Underwriting analysis and due diligence.
- Community engagement and outreach.
- Coordinate design and construction documents with the design team and third-party consultants.
- Oversee consultant bid and selection process, including consultant contract scope preparation.
- Manage consultant team and coordinate all approvals required for construction loan closing.
- Serve as a point person for the lender and equity coordination.
- Coordinate with the Management Group on operating projections and lease-up.
- Review all requisitions and attend monthly requisition meetings.
- Manage construction loan to permanent loan conversion/refinancing.
- Oversee building handoff to the Management Group.
- Master’s in Business Administration or Master’s Degree in Urban Planning, Real Estate, or Real Estate related field is preferred
- Minimum of 4+ years of significant experience in Real Estate Development with an emphasis on affordable multifamily housing.
- Demonstrated ability to build and direct effective teams to manage complex development projects.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of development and construction practices.
- Strong MS Office and Adobe Suite skills.
- Team-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously while working in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.