The Director/Principal of Capital Raising and Investor Relations will have responsibility for the Company’s Life Science division.
- Responsible for fund-raising and investor relations activities for the firm’s investment vehicles with focus on the property sector, which may include travel across North America and international travel.
- Establish, develop, and maintain relationships with key institutional contacts among client base and other business constituencies.
- Draft private placement memoranda, pitch books and other marketing materials including due diligence questionnaires, including conducting and analyzing market research and economic trades.
- Assist with the preparation, review, and negotiation of legal documents, including but not limited to private placement memoranda, partnership agreements, operating agreements, and side letters.
- Oversee, produce, and compile all required investor reporting.
- Develop and manage relationships within the real estate investment community including public and private pension funds, endowments, consultants, insurers, fund-of-funds, private wealth/family offices and sovereign wealth funds.
- Monitor and respond to ad-hoc quantitative and qualitative investor queries, specifically side-letter reporting requirements.
- Manage and attend investor events, including but not limited to on-site due diligence meetings and asset tours.
- Special projects as needed.
Our client is an international real estate investment management firm with offices in 40 cities and 15 countries across North America, Europe, and Asia. They control nearly $15 billion in equity and have $20 billion assets under management making it among the top 30 real estate investment managers in the world, all while holding top decile performance for the past decade among the 488 of the world’s leading private equity real estate firms. They specialize in the acquisition, development, leasing, and management of industrial, office, life science and multifamily properties through an array of private equity investment vehicles.
The firm was founded in 2006 by a seasoned team with a long history and shared investment philosophy. Drawing on over 25 years of experience throughout multiple real estate market cycles, the firm’s principals believe that superior returns are generated from aggregating diversified portfolios of properties that meet tenants’ needs for value proposition and functionality, and consequently provide investors with a high level of cash flow as well as value-add growth and capital appreciation potential. The firm implements this tenant-focused property strategy from its multiple regional offices, allowing them to select and operate real estate in a direct and highly engaged manner.
- Prior capital raising and investor relationships and the ability to grow the number and depth of such relationships.
- Investor facing experience and a professional demeanor to represent our client externally, with the highest standards of ethics and courtesy.
- Financial and investment acumen, specifically, real estate sector experience & knowledge
- Structuring and legal process experience related to private equity JV and fund investments.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail and self-imposed high-quality standards of written output.
- Persistence in all things – finding a route to the equity & investor decision makers, closing out project items.
- The ability to think strategically about capital raising efforts using retained knowledge of market participants, trends, wider financial, political and economic factors.
- The ability to read broadly, stay up-to-date on industry news and apply that knowledge intelligently, recalling connections, participations, individuals and historical interactions.
- Project management skills, particularly efficiency and organizational skills.
- Strong numeracy skills with the ability to understand and prepare performance analysis.
- Ability to cope with multiple parallel priorities and a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to structure arguments and to articulate them well in writing, particularly identifying and expressing key attributes and benefits in a concise manner.
- Confidence and networking ability: will need to gather and coordinate information and relationships both internally and externally.
- Appropriate education credentials.