Our client is a New York-based, 500+ person, vertically integrated real estate operating and development company with expertise in a wide array of value creation activities, including ground up real estate development, uncovering value in underperforming properties, repurposing well-located iconic properties, incorporating cutting edge real estate technologies and value added lending. Our client’s primary investment strategy is focused on New York City and the surrounding region. The client’s platform manages 74 commercial real estate properties and investments with an aggregate gross asset value of approximately $20.8 billion, comprising approximately 26.5 million square feet of commercial properties, a multi-family residential portfolio of approximately 4,200 units under operation or development, and control of development rights for an additional approximately 2,900 multi-family and for sale units in the New York Metropolitan area as of March 31, 2021. Gross asset value compiled by our client in accordance with company fair value measurement policy and is comprised of capital invested by our client and its partners, as well as leverage.
The Director is charged with deploying actionable strategic marketing plans across an assigned portfolio. The Director has proven capability to work independently; understand and execute on a complex multi-entity, multi-category budget framework; and manage creative partners/service providers efficiently to maximize output and/or quality of deliverable, optimize budget allocations, and generate successful creative content with efficiency.
The DPM will lead marketing processes dependent on multiple collaboration partners. The DPM can readily identify relevant key/influential stakeholders in order to drive-decision making effectively. To be successful in this role, the DPM will need to be capable of significant multi-tasking and process management in order to build consensus and effectuate approvals efficiently.
The DPM will provide clear and strong ideas, recommendation, and creative tone to the collaboration teams in order to move multiple campaigns along at a quick pace. The DPM should demonstrate the ability to learn assets, spaces within, competitive product, and vicinities quickly in order to provide strong creative and content direction for space activations, sales/marketing centers, model units, and high-quality broker engagement. The DPM will have precedent experience in property marketing across all asset classes through print advertising, events, promotional items and programs, development of leasing centers/model units, photography, renderings, CGI animation, lease-up strategy, development of amenities centers, digital advertising, e-communications, and social media for properties.
- Creative direction of individual asset branding and development of marketing plans and concepts for the individual assets
- Development of ideas for leasing and sales events for office, residential and retail
- Art and design direction across photography, renderings, videos, and physical environments (leasing/sales centers, amenities, communal areas)
- Project management and timeline creation
- Adhering to media calendar and deadlines
- Management of multiple project budgets and ability to think strategically and respond to market dynamics in order to reallocate expenditure quickly
- Day to day management of multiple sub-contractors/agencies for coordination of cohesive, high quality product (renderings, photography, website creation, map creation, floorplan editing, printing/display) as well as quality control, and timeline and budget adherence
- Ability to craft and/or efficiently recycle content for effective e-mail marketing, ebrochures, and custom pitches/presentations to maximize efficiency on turnaround and/or optimize agency budgets
- Directly manage property events specific to sales/leasing and project milestones (ground breakings, ribbon cuttings, topping outs, etc); present event themes/ideas; event logistics; and strategic deliverables tied to the event
- Day to day coordination of all accurate floor plans, fact sheets, stacking plans, and amenities descriptions
- Day to day coordination of marketing-driven space layouts for a variety of users and tailored tour-booklets
- Day to day management of e-blast program and property microsite leading and leading imagery updated content
- Provide marketing guidance for select property social media and all property digital ads
- Working with Tenant/Resident/Guest Relations teams on marketing guidance for events and property community initiatives
- Provide competitive intelligence and monitoring of trends across competing product and competitor campaigns
- Coordination of adhoc graphic design and promotional needs: journal ads, team-building initiatives, design of premiums (umbrellas, mugs, etc), select advertising, and select eblasts
- Proactive in property public relations efforts including crafting pitches, drafting quotes and press-releases, editing, writing sponsored articles, blog posts, linked-in posts, etc and managing third-party agency
- 6-7 years of direct experience in dedicated real estate property marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent visual presentation skills
- Ability to translate strategy into actionable plans
- A doer who can manage and execute multiple deliverables within multiple campaigns – and knows how to strategically prioritize
- Excellent understanding of space and activation of space and point-of-sale merchandising solutions to create a dynamic, memorable experience
- Proven experience in multi-simultaneous campaign management
- Proven budget understanding
- Creative thinker with ability to provide strong art/creative direction and ability to craft written content specific to property positioning quickly
- Understanding of graphic design an ability to work in in-design a strong plus