Interested and Qualified candidates, please submit resume to:
Ellen D. Haber, Managing Director | email@example.com | 917.842.0328
Philadelphia, PA; Chicago, IL; Atlanta, GA
Firm & Position Overview:
Our client is an international real estate investment management firm with offices in 40 cities and 15 countries
across North America, Europe, and Asia. They control nearly $15 billion in equity and have $20 billion assets under
management making it among the top 30 real estate investment managers in the world, all while holding top
decile performance for the past decade among the 488 of the world’s leading private equity real estate firms. They
specialize in the acquisition, development, leasing, and management of industrial, office, life science and
multifamily properties through an array of private equity investment vehicles.
The firm was founded in 2006 by a seasoned team with a long history and shared investment philosophy. Drawing
on over 25 years of experience throughout multiple real estate market cycles, the firm’s principals believe that
superior returns are generated from aggregating diversified portfolios of properties that meet tenants’ needs for
value proposition and functionality, and consequently provide investors with a high level of cash flow as well as
value-add growth and capital appreciation potential. The firm implements this tenant-focused property strategy
from its multiple regional offices, allowing them to select and operate real estate in a direct and highly engaged
• Responsible for fund-raising and investor relations activities for the firm’s real estate investment
vehicles, which may include travel across North America and international travel.
• Establish, develop, and maintain relationships with key institutional contacts among client base and
other business constituencies.
• Draft private placement memoranda, pitch books and other marketing materials including due
diligence questionnaires, including conducting and analyzing market research and economic trades.
• Assist with the preparation, review, and negotiation of legal documents, including but not limited to
private placement memoranda, partnership agreements, operating agreements, and side letters.
• Oversee, produce, and compile all required investor reporting.
• Develop and manage relationships within the real estate investment community including public and
private pension funds, endowments, consultants, insurers, fund-of-funds, private wealth/family
offices and sovereign wealth funds.
• Monitor and respond to ad-hoc quantitative and qualitative investor queries, specifically side-letter
• Manage and attend investor events, including but not limited to on-site due diligence meetings and
• Special projects as needed.
• Prior capital raising and investor relationships and the ability to grow the number and depth of such
relationships within the real estate community.
• Investor facing experience and a professional demeanor to represent our client externally, with the
highest standards of ethics and courtesy.
• Financial and investment acumen, specifically, real estate sector experience & knowledge
• Structuring and legal process experience related to private equity JV and fund investments.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong attention to detail and self-imposed high-quality standards of written output.
• Persistence in all things – finding a route to the equity & investor decision makers, closing out
• The ability to think strategically about capital raising efforts using retained knowledge of market
participants, trends, wider financial, political and economic factors.
• The ability to read broadly, stay up-to-date on industry news and apply that knowledge intelligently,
recalling connections, participations, individuals and historical interactions.
• Project management skills, particularly efficiency and organizational skills.
• Strong numeracy skills with the ability to understand and prepare performance analysis.
• Ability to cope with multiple parallel priorities and a deadline driven environment.
• Ability to structure arguments and to articulate them well in writing, particularly identifying and
expressing key attributes and benefits in a concise manner.
• Confidence and networking ability: will need to gather and coordinate information and relationships
both internally and externally.
• Appropriate education credentials.