Interested qualified candidates, please submit your resume to:
Sierra Olney, Senior Director, email@example.com or Kaitlin Kincaid, Senior Managing Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client seeks a seasoned Asset Management professional to join their team. The Director of Asset Management will be responsible for implementing the operation, performance, and leasing strategy for each asset in the national portfolio. This role is will provide market insights and guidance to maximize value from the current portfolio and considerations for future investments. The successful candidate will be a tenured professional expert in real estate investments, asset management, leasing, development and capital projects.
• Create and implement strategic business plans for owned and new assets;
• Perform annual reforecast of assets and quarterly internal valuations;
• Overseeing leasing activities with brokers; including new tenants, renewals, expansions and/or lease modifications for existing tenants;
• Ensure lease obligations are fulfilled;
• Formulate and maintain marketing and amenity strategies/plans for each asset. Ensure marketing is consistent across the portfolio;
• Manage Tenant Improvement work in completed developments
• Review the monthly financial reporting provided by property managers to ensure compliance to business plan and accounting standards; Assist with financing, acquisition, disposition and investor relation activities;
• Performance of year-end property valuations;
• Develop and maintain positive and productive tenant relationships;
• Prepare investment analysis and reporting for internal and external partners;
• Oversee and manage external property management teams;
• Conduct regular property site visits to ensure consistent operational standards;
• Preform credit analysis, net effective rental analysis and investment analysis of potential tenants;
• Assist with the preparation and update of internal annual and quarterly operating and capital budgets for the properties; Manage and Supervise Boston Area Asset Managers to ensure portfolio goals are being met
• Collaborate with acquisition and development professionals.
Our client is a private real estate investment management firm focused on serving the complex needs of predominantly life-science companies and institutions. Today, their platform is the largest private owner/operator of life science real estate based in Greater Boston. Their portfolio is located in core markets in and around Boston and Cambridge, Massachusetts, New York City, Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina, and San Francisco, California; with success and continued expansion throughout the U.S. Their team combines talented professionals who have best-in-class experience with a hands-on entrepreneurial approach to successfully execute their tightly defined mission.
• Undergraduate or Master’s Degree in Real Estate Management, Finance, Business or Accounting;
• Ten plus years asset management experience required, with a solid understanding of leasing, property management, operating results, valuations, marketing, acquisitions, and due diligence;
• Ability to develop a strong market knowledge of each asset and the overall portfolio with the goal of driving performance;
• Ability to form deep relationships with brokers and third parties in all portfolio markets;
• Excellent interpersonal, analytical, written, and problem-solving abilities;
• Ability to manage individuals and lead change within a team-oriented work environment;
• Ability to negotiate with various counterparties (buyers, lenders, partners, tenants, etc.);
• Highly proficient with relevant software including Argus and MS Office;
• Frequent travel within the US is required.