Our client is a Boston-based private real estate investment management and development firm with an expanding portfolio of institutional quality commercial real estate. The firm seeks value creation opportunities through asset enhancement, redevelopment, ground up development, or other operational improvements, while providing a superior work environment for the occupants of its buildings.
This entrepreneurial team is looking to add a Director of Development who will be a key senior leader in the firm and an integral piece of the company’s growth strategy.
- Lead all development and construction related initiatives throughout the portfolio of the firm.
- Provide highly competent leadership in all aspects of team and project management.
- Collaborate in the preparation of pro-forma assumptions, establish project development budgets, and prepare cash flow projections.
- Establish project budgets and schedules and manage to completion. Manage the cost estimating process with the construction manager.
- Manage the design process within budget. Manage design change orders and participate in value engineering exercises.
- Manage consultant contract solicitation and negotiations.
- Manage consultant team through design and construction phases and lead on-site project meetings with the architect, engineer, construction manager, and tenant representatives.
- Manage all entitlement processes and conduct community outreach where necessary.
- Collaborate with finance team to secure project equity and construction financing.
- Handle all project related reporting requirements including business plans, project summaries, budgets, schedules, drawings, and cash flows.
- Manage all project contractual and financial obligations. Work with project accountant, oversee construction loan draw processes.
- Work with leasing/sales team, oversee marketing and leasing/sales efforts.
- Manage turnover to operations and provide oversight through stabilization.
- Participate in the creation of new project concepts and implement strategy in all phases of development and construction through stabilization.
- Lead project management efforts on new deals and collaborate with acquisitions to provide development budgets, scope of work, and complete due diligence investigations.
- Participate in the determination of the growth strategy of the firm, evaluate new business opportunities, and serve as a senior leader of the firm in all capacities as required.
- Minimum seven years of experience in real estate development or project management.
- Strong leadership and management skills, the ability to influence and engage highly diverse project teams.
- Ability to evaluate and interpret design and construction documents, contracts, budgets and schedules.
- Track record of successfully bringing development projects from concept to completion.
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to manage large groups.